ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

a few questions about entrepreneur visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silhoutte
Newly Registered

Post by silhoutte » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:47 am

Hello,

I have recently been given entrepreneur visa and i would like to congratulate the people maintaining this service. It is indeed a great resource and a reliable source of pertinent information.

I have a few queries regarding entrepreneur visa conditions:

1- Is there a time limit during the £200,000 must be invested i.e. 3 months after provision of visa or can it be invested any time during the first 3 years of grant of visa?

2- Is there a fast track for immigration e.g. in the case where employment is given to 9 British nationals( instead of the usual 2 ) . Does the ukba considers case for ILR and citizenship right after 3 years instead of the usual 5 years?

3- Are there any restrictions on travel for entrepreneur team to stay in UK for minimum time or maximum time?

I would grateful for any help provided

Thanks

nils

Post by nils » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:52 pm

Hello,

I have recently been given entrepreneur visa and i would like to congratulate the people maintaining this service. It is indeed a great resource and a reliable source of pertinent information.

I have a few queries regarding entrepreneur visa conditions:

1- Is there a time limit during the £200,000 must be invested i.e. 3 months after provision of visa or can it be invested any time during the first 3 years of grant of visa?

2- Is there a fast track for immigration e.g. in the case where employment is given to 9 British nationals( instead of the usual 2 ) . Does the ukba considers case for ILR and citizenship right after 3 years instead of the usual 5 years?

3- Are there any restrictions on travel for entrepreneur team to stay in UK for minimum time or maximum time?

I would grateful for any help provided

Thanks
Here is your answers.

1 . You have 3 years to invest money.

Your 2nd and 3rd question answer are below.

When can you apply for settlement?
Depending on your level of investment and business activity in the UK, you must complete a continuous residence period of 3 or 5 years in an eligible immigration category before you can apply for settlement.

The continuous residence period is 3 years if:

your business has created at least 10 new full-time jobs for settled people; or
you have established a new UK business that has had an income from business activity of at least £5 million during a 3-year period while you have been in the UK under Tier 1 (Entrepreneur); or
you have taken over or invested in an existing UK business, and your services or investment have resulted in a net increase of £5 million in that business's income from business activity during a 3-year period while you have been in the UK under Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), compared to the immediately preceding 3-year period.
The continuous residence period is 5 years in all other cases.

During the continuous residence period, you cannot be outside the UK for more than 180 days in any 12 calendar months.

Time spent in the UK as a business person or an innovator also counts towards your continuous residence period.

Time spent in the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man may be included in the continuous period as long as you were given permission to stay (also known as leave ) as either a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) , a business person or an innovator.
Your most recent permission to stay must have been given in the UK as a Tier 1 Entrepreneur.

You must have sufficient English language ability and knowledge of life in the UK, unless you are under 18 years old or over 65 years old when you apply. You can find more information in the Settlement section.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:29 pm

If the above conditions are met after 3 years, would the ILR be issued for 1 year? or for 2 years?

cappachino
Member of Standing

tier 1

Post by cappachino » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:34 am

ILR is given for indefinate period but you have a choice of applying for British nationality/passport after one year spent on ILR
By the way were you called for an interview if you were can you share what questions were asked and where did the interview take place