ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR English language requirement for Tier1 dependants

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

denox
Newly Registered

ILR English language requirement for Tier1 dependants

Post by denox » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi All
Can anyone please clarify for me If I need to take an english language course OR test to apply for ILR as a dependant of TIER1? I have not taken ESOL or any other tests previously. Or is just passing Life in the UK test enough?

In the guidance here
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... nstrating/
it says:
You qualify as an English speaker if your English skills are at or above ESOL Entry Level 3 or Scottish Intermediate 1. If you do not know the level of your English skills, you should work through the tutorial on the Life in the UK test website. If you cannot fully understand the information in that tutorial, you may need to take an ESOL course containing citizenship materials.

So do I understand it right that If I do understand the information in that tutorial (basically it means that I can read and understand English) and pass the Life in the UK test, I do NOT need to prove my English language knowledge?

Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks

rasel
Newly Registered

Post by rasel » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:43 pm

Life in the UK is the only requirement.

denox
Newly Registered

Post by denox » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi rasel
thanks for replying. I can relax then and just book the life in the uk test.