ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gettings parents to UK permanently vs Long term visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Gettings parents to UK permanently vs Long term visa

Post by rshelar » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:32 pm

Hi all,

Need some guidance please.

I am currently on ILR and planning to apply for long term family visitor visa (5 years) for my parents to visit the UK.

However, after 5 years I would also like to get them to move to UK permanently.
1. ) With regards to this, can someone please point me to the UKBA link regarding rules and how easy/ difficult this is ?

As I understand that I would need to prove that they have no source of income and that they are dependent on me caring for them?
2.) Is this correct, are there any other requirements ?

Currently my father is working and mom is not. He will be retiring in 2 years and will not have an income of his own. My mom doesnt have any income but has large savings in bank account and has a property in her name.

In the current 5 year visa, I intend to show the property ownership and their bank balances for my parents.
3.) Will the bank balances and property ownership be looked upon negatively in future if I intend to do a permanent application for them ? if yes, what would you suggest ?

Thanks and looking forward to assistance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Gettings parents to UK permanently vs Long term visa

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:34 pm

rshelar wrote:Hi all,

Need some guidance please.

I am currently on ILR and planning to apply for long term family visitor visa (5 years) for my parents to visit the UK.

However, after 5 years I would also like to get them to move to UK permanently.
1. ) With regards to this, can someone please point me to the UKBA link regarding rules and how easy/ difficult this is ?

As I understand that I would need to prove that they have no source of income and that they are dependent on me caring for them?
2.) Is this correct, are there any other requirements ?

Currently my father is working and mom is not. He will be retiring in 2 years and will not have an income of his own. My mom doesnt have any income but has large savings in bank account and has a property in her name.

In the current 5 year visa, I intend to show the property ownership and their bank balances for my parents.
3.) Will the bank balances and property ownership be looked upon negatively in future if I intend to do a permanent application for them ? if yes, what would you suggest ?

Thanks and looking forward to assistance.
See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... dependent/
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have been informed that the minimum age to bring adult relatives is 65, however the IDI says 18.

Does anyone have confirmation on this ?

Also, any help with other queries in my first post will be appreciated.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:11 pm

rshelar wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.

I have been informed that the minimum age to bring adult relatives is 65, however the IDI says 18.

Does anyone have confirmation on this ?

Also, any help with other queries in my first post will be appreciated.
18 if they meet the criteria as set out in the link provided. There is also the possibility of ILE if there are compassionate grounds i.e. you support a family member financially and they are in exceptional circumstances (the circumstances must be exceptional and you should have proof).
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:57 pm

There is also the possibility of ILE if there are compassionate grounds i.e. you support a family member financially and they are in exceptional circumstances (the circumstances must be exceptional and you should have proof).
I can't see that under the rules ... http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... relatives/

Can you direct me to the right place?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:48 am

MPH80 wrote:
There is also the possibility of ILE if there are compassionate grounds i.e. you support a family member financially and they are in exceptional circumstances (the circumstances must be exceptional and you should have proof).
I can't see that under the rules ... http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... relatives/

Can you direct me to the right place?
See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... sandother/

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:26 am

The transitional arrangements suggest that 317 is only valid for someone who has held entry clearance under part 8 prior to application and where's it's still in effect.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... -8-app-fm/

M.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:04 pm

MPH80 wrote:The transitional arrangements suggest that 317 is only valid for someone who has held entry clearance under part 8 prior to application and where's it's still in effect.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... -8-app-fm/

M.
See paragraph A280

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:42 pm

Exactly, I count 2 references to 317- paragraphs C and D. Neither of which provide for this person as both require the parents to have existing leave in the UK under part 8.

What am I missing?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:10 pm

MPH80 wrote:Exactly, I count 2 references to 317- paragraphs C and D. Neither of which provide for this person as both require the parents to have existing leave in the UK under part 8.

What am I missing?
You're right the rule has been scrapped.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:02 pm

D4109125 wrote:
MPH80 wrote:Exactly, I count 2 references to 317- paragraphs C and D. Neither of which provide for this person as both require the parents to have existing leave in the UK under part 8.

What am I missing?
You're right the rule has been scrapped.
Thank you for clarifying - I thought I was going slightly nuts when I was reading the rules.

M.

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:12 pm

Sorry guys, but can you please summarise the few posts above this one ?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:16 pm

The compassionate option mentioned here:
Doesn't exist any more.

We were debating the technicalities of the rules.

Please make sure you read the rules - particularly focus on E-ECDR.2.4 and E-ECDR.2.5. These rules make a settlement visa for parents very, very, hard.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... relatives/

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:20 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.