ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Guidance

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Golauk

Appeal Guidance

Post by Golauk » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:03 am

Dear Members

My mother was refused 5 year visit visa at BHC new delhi and we appealed.
Next week is the hearing. Would anybody suggest what should I expect at hearing?

Regards

GolaUk
God is Great!

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:14 pm

there will be a presenting officer from the home office who will put the case for the home office stating their reason for refusal. it is then your turn to prove to the judge that your relative satisfies ALL the conditions that are required for a visa. i notice that your appeal is this week....if you haven't had it yet, post a reply and i will give more details. do you have representation? i did for my sister in law, we won the appeal, although if it came up again i would be confident in doing it myself....depends on which grounds you have been refused on...good luck

Golauk

Post by Golauk » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:13 am

Thanks t_Kaay

I am going to attend appeal tomorrow. I do not have any representation.
The visa is is refused because ECO was not satisfied that :

-> you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period as stated by you;

-> you intend to leave the UK at the end of period of the visit as stated by you;

My mother has visited us last year also and went back withing visa timeline.

Please give me some more details ASAP.

Regards

GolaUK
God is Great!

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:54 am

hi, its the same reason that they gave my sister in law. In the end we won. You need to show that they are wrong by showing evidence your mum will return. If applicable--show how much family she has back in India to go back to, does she have any dependants in India that she needs to go back for, has she any savings to show, any job (unlikely i know), make a big deal about the fact she has previously been and returned ON TIME--what has changed since the last visit??

with the refusal there should have been further details about why they refused it on these points....make sure you have arguments and if possible evidence to disprove everything they have said.

I also found that at our appeal the home office representing officer tried to go through all the criteria again, even though the refusal was on the same grounds as yours.

Make sure you take all the original evidence to show things like your income, proof of accomodation, reason for the visit.

The court itself can look a little daunting but I would suggest you have a word with the clerk and ask if you can sit in the public area to see a case that is similar to yours before you go in for yours, that way you will know what to expect.

If you have any further questions, post here or pm me with yr email address and i will try to assist further.

Golauk

Post by Golauk » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:28 pm

Thank you very much t_kaay for your precious comments.

I have prepared the case and figured out what to say at appeal.
If I got any doubt I will call you as I got your number in mail.

Regards

GolaUk
God is Great!

Golauk

Post by Golauk » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:13 pm

hi all

Appeal allowed , my mother is given 5 year visa now :D

t_kaay thanks for your help!

Regards

GolaUk
God is Great!