ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk Visit VISA requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

umaraltaf101
Newly Registered

Uk Visit VISA requirement

Post by umaraltaf101 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:24 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Umar, i just need some information regarding visit visa for uk.

Basically im living in uk and got married here, i have applied for my visa which is spouse visa, but i didn't get it yet and its been more than 10 months and i dont know how long i have to wait for it.

However i want to call my mother to visit me, but i have no idea about the rules for the visa, and what do i need for it, i currently hold no visa, so i was thinking if my wife can be the sponsor, and if she can what documents we need ?

We are living in a 2 bed apartment, its on rent anyway, and my wife is working at the moment.

So do we have to show the funds as well ? if yes then how much ?
do we need to get any letter for the accommodation of my mother ?

Your replies would be appreciated

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:40 am

If its General visitor visa, you will require an invitation letter from you and your wife confirming that your mother will be staying with you guys for X amount of days.
And a bank statement with sufficient funds as long as you are not dependent on state I dont see it to be an issue.

Your mother needs to provide few supporting documents such as bank statement and the application form which you can fill online though she will need to sign it.

I will paste a format letter for your information:

British High Commission
Diplomatic Enclave
Ramna 5
PO Box 1122
Islamabad, Pakistan Date: 05/03/2012

Re: Application for UK visitor visa for XXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter in support of my father’s visitor visa application. My father intend to visit me in UK in April XXXX. I am looking forward to his visit and will be delighted to host them. I am fully capable to offer lodging at my XXX bedroom house. I have attached a copy of my passport/visa page, salary slips, bank statement and mortgage statement.

My Father ’s particulars are as following:
Name: XXXXXX, January XXX XXXX – Passport #: XXXXXXX

I appreciate your time and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me on the provided number or email: XXXXX@XXXXX.net

Sincerely yours,

umaraltaf101
Newly Registered

Post by umaraltaf101 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:08 am

Thank you very much mr Ali Mohammad for your reply,

As you have mentioned about the mortgage statement, we are living in a rented apartment, i hope that is not a problem ?

Also could you actually give a roughly idea what could be the sufficient funds ? suppose my mother is coming for 3 months, so how much we need to show in our bank statement ?

Well my mother does not have a bank account, is it ok if we show that persons bank statement who is actually supporting her financially ?

pebb1e
Newly Registered

Post by pebb1e » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:22 pm

I have applied for my mother in law in the past, who got her visa from Karachi in January.

The documents that i have sent from UK:

1) 6 months bank statement (certified photocopy)
2) 6 month salary slip (certified photocopy)
2) Copy of (mine + my wife) Visa + Passport (certified photocopy)
3) Credit card statement + mobile bill (for proof of address)

Documents from my mother in law side:
6 month Bank statement of my mother in law (original)
Property deed in my mother' in law's name (photocopy)
Mother in law NIC, Family registration certificate and marriage certificate
Tenancy agreement which shows the income comes from rent
Utility bills (gas and electric) in my mother in law's name
Income through her husband property, relevant documents attached

I did not provide any property/mortgage or tenancy letter. I just mentioned in the cover letter that she will stay with me and I will bear all her expenses.
She can show the bank statements of the person whose sponsoring her in pakistan (her husband or relative), also show the salary slip/savings of the sponsor (its very important). My mother in law did not show it and they rejected her visa so she applied again with the documentation and the visa was granted.

Important points to note:

*In the cover letter from your mother + cover letter from sponsor, you should mention the least amount of days to visit, for e.g staying for 1 month when u want to stay 2 months, the visa is always granted for 6 months.

* you don't need to submit the original documents (Gerry do not accept them), send the photocopy ones (they should be certified) which needs to be submitted to the embassy in Pakistan.