ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 interview preparation.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hammad1224

Tier 1 interview preparation.

Post by hammad1224 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:17 am

Hi,

My brother went to interview today. He has taken following information with him;

-A detailed business plan along with Projected accounts and a cash flow forecast for the next 12 months. I

-Invoices of PCs which we have purchased for our business, our CCH subscription details,

-Quotes of office rents, CCH software etc.

At the last minute, I have taken out the printouts of HMRC agent online services, which show the details of our new clients since we submitted our application. The reason I did this is because I have seen a lot of people visa were refused because of not having sufficient details on the contracts. HMRC agent online service just show our company name and client name with his UTR number. The engagement letter is still in post.

By the way, we have already submitted detailed engagement letters signed by both parties, having all the personal details along with our visa application.

Is that what UKBA is looking for in the interview?

Best Wishes

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:38 am

Hi Hammad1224,

Thanks for the info.

Please let us know when did he apply ? when did he give bio-metric ? funds type 50 K or 200 K ? funds location ? is funds in applicant's account ?

What are the questions asked in interview.

hammad1224

Post by hammad1224 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:47 am

la wrote:Hi Hammad1224,

Thanks for the info.

Please let us know when did he apply ? when did he give bio-metric ? funds type 50 K or 200 K ? funds location ? is funds in applicant's account ?

He applied on 11/12/12. bio was done 2 months after. Interview will be at 1600 hrs today (29/04/13).

In country application, PSW route, funds held in Pakistan in his own name.

Just worried has he taken the right stuff?

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:58 pm

hammad1224 wrote:

Thanks for the info.

He applied on 11/12/12. bio was done 2 months after. Interview will be at 1600 hrs today (29/04/13).

Are the funds 200k or 50K he has claimed while applying for tier 1 entrepreneur ? Any dependents along with his application?

entrepreneur123

Re: Tier 1 interview preparation.

Post by entrepreneur123 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:12 pm

It would be better if you could take uptodate bank statement. Also if you are operating from home then business insurance and business rates you paying as part of using home as business and lease documents to confirm that you are allowed to use home as business.. etc

hammad1224 wrote:Hi,

My brother went to interview today. He has taken following information with him;

-A detailed business plan along with Projected accounts and a cash flow forecast for the next 12 months. I

-Invoices of PCs which we have purchased for our business, our CCH subscription details,

At the last minute, I have taken out the printouts of HMRC agent online services, which show the details of our new clients since we submitted our application. The reason I did this is because I have seen a lot of people visa were refused because of not having sufficient details on the contracts. HMRC agent online service just show our company name and client name with his UTR number. The engagement letter is still in post.

By the way, we have already submitted detailed engagement letters signed by both parties, having all the personal details along with our visa application.

Best Wishes

hammad1224

Post by hammad1224 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:13 pm

la wrote:
hammad1224 wrote:

Thanks for the info.

Are the funds 200k or 50K he has claimed while applying for tier 1 entrepreneur ? Any dependents along with his application?
No Dependents and it is a 50K route

hammad1224

Post by hammad1224 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:15 pm

He did not take any bank statement. They did not ask for it. Is it something very important. He can give them if they request it.
entrepreneur123 wrote:It would be better if you could take uptodate bank statement. Also if you are operating from home then business insurance and business rates you paying as part of using home as business and lease documents to confirm that you are allowed to use home as business.. etc

Best Wishes

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:31 pm

better to take recent bank statement showing you are still maintaining the funds and you have access to it or if not than he can still say if asked that yes I have maintained the funds and if you want I can send the statement by post.

regards

hammad1224 wrote:He did not take any bank statement. They did not ask for it. Is it something very important. He can give them if they request it.
entrepreneur123 wrote:It would be better if you could take uptodate bank statement. Also if you are operating from home then business insurance and business rates you paying as part of using home as business and lease documents to confirm that you are allowed to use home as business.. etc

Best Wishes

hammad1224

Post by hammad1224 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:10 pm

Interview update!

My brother says that the interviewer was very friendly and asking very personal questions as well. He also told my brother that how he got the job in UKBA and his shift hours.

One question which my brother did not answer very well was that we are working from home. He asked that do you have business rates or not. My brother replied he did not know. He said UKBA may ask the council to get more info.

In addition he asked where is your investment and have you invested anything. My brother replied that he has invested some part of it which is in the business plan. but he will make more when he gets the visa.

Is this serious? We are a successful accountancy practice. we never invited clients to our premises. I do not mind to have business rates.

Any suggestions please!

surveyer

Post by surveyer » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:55 pm

hammad1224 wrote:Interview update!

My brother says that the interviewer was very friendly and asking very personal questions as well. He also told my brother that how he got the job in UKBA and his shift hours.

One question which my brother did not answer very well was that we are working from home. He asked that do you have business rates or not. My brother replied he did not know. He said UKBA may ask the council to get more info.

In addition he asked where is your investment and have you invested anything. My brother replied that he has invested some part of it which is in the business plan. but he will make more when he gets the visa.

Is this serious? We are a successful accountancy practice. we never invited clients to our premises. I do not mind to have business rates.

Any suggestions please!

Yes, business rates are must for most non domestic properties even if part of your house is used for business. The link below will help you understand it better:
http://www.startups.co.uk/business-rates.html

Regarding the interview, did they take any documents with them from your brother or they just had a look at it and gave it back to him? How long did the interview last please?

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:23 am

In my previous post i did ask you to take business rates proof....
hammad1224 wrote:Interview update!

Any suggestions please!

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:41 am

@entreprenuer123

please where can I get business rates proof? i have been asked to attend an interview. thank you

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:08 am

You need to check them with your local council. It depends on services you are providing. UKBA are concern about it only if you using home as business.
babylondoner wrote:@entreprenuer123

please where can I get business rates proof? i have been asked to attend an interview. thank you

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:45 am

@entrepreneur123

thanks for getting back to me. please can i send you a PM? i need to ask you a question. thank you

hammad1224

Post by hammad1224 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:17 pm

entrepreneur123 wrote:You need to check them with your local council. It depends on services you are providing. UKBA are concern about it only if you using home as business.
babylondoner wrote:@entreprenuer123

How serious is the situation if I do not have business rates?

I know you mentioned in your last post to take the business rates proof. But it is my brother's interview. By the time you mentioned he was already on his way to Sheffield.