ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of a UK citizen applying for a Schengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kirill
Newly Registered

Spouse of a UK citizen applying for a Schengen visa

Post by kirill » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:11 pm

Hello all,

I am a little confused regarding applying for a schengen visa by a UK spouse.
Most of the situations here describe the spouse living in the same country, i have a different situation.

My dad is a Russian citizen living in Russia. My mother (they are still married) is now a naturalised British citizen with a UK passport.

I have booked tickets for my mum to go to Barcelona, and would like my dad to join her. Can my dad apply at the Spanish consulate (VFS) in Russia for the visa, preferable multiple entry and take advantage of the free movement right that my mother now has?

They will not be traveling together to Barcelona - my dad from Russia and my mum from London but arriving at the same time.

So I guess my question is that can he get the visa for free and under the EU spouse rules.

UPDATE: I should have probably mentioned that this will only be a weekend trip and from what I understand he will need an entry visa from the Spaniards?

Many thanks!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Freedom of movement applies if family member accompanies or joins EU national. So, yes, it is possible.