ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help_first child passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

angela05

please help_first child passport application

Post by angela05 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:50 am

My child has a BC, and now I am applying for her first British passport.

In the guidance Notes of the form, parents' original birth certificates and parents' original marriage certificate need to be submitted.
I and my husband are foreign nationals. In the past my country did not have this kind of system of birth certificate, and even there is no system of marriage certificate.
But my birth date and marriage are shown in the family census register.

So my question is, is that okay for submitting my family census register, instead of parents' birth certificates and marriage certificate?

Please help me!!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:10 am

On what basis is your child British? I can see from your other posts that you have recieved ILR just recently.

angela05

Post by angela05 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:33 am

Jambo, you are right!
But one of my children had a BC before my ILR application, as the child was born in the uk and has lived here more than 10 years (using form T).

Any suggestion for the supporting documents for the passport applications, please?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:49 am

I assume you are applying for the passport from the UK.

Where in the guidance does it ask for the parent's birth certificate or marriage certificate? As the child has a Certificate of Registration, he is already British. Your status is irrelevant to his passport application. All that is required is his birth certificate, his registration certificate and (if he has one) his foreign passport.

angela05

Post by angela05 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:58 am

Thanks very much for your response!! I may be wrong.
I downloaded the notes for form C2 application for UK passport for applicants under 16 from the internet.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:14 am

Form C2 is for application made abroad. If you are applying from the UK, just pick up a form from the post office (they are free).

angela05

Post by angela05 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:19 am

Brilliant!
Thanks for your help!!