ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Telephone Nikkah

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

knowledge_seeker

Telephone Nikkah

Post by knowledge_seeker » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:48 pm

Hi,

I am on ILR. I have plans to do nikah over the phone next month, register the nikah certificate and submit my spouse visa application along with nikah certifcate and other necessary documents. My question:

Will that telephonic nikkah be acceptable for British Embassy?

Waiting for the reply.

Many thanks

0zzy1

Re: Telephone Nikkah

Post by 0zzy1 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 am

knowledge_seeker wrote:Hi,

I am on ILR. I have plans to do nikah over the phone next month, register the nikah certificate and submit my spouse visa application along with nikah certifcate and other necessary documents. My question:

Waiting for the reply.

Many thanks
No it won't be acceptable as they require you to meet your spouse in person and also require evidence of this i.e Wedding photos, Engagement photos, honeymoon photos etc.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 01, 2013 11:32 am

Waiting for the reply.

Many thanks
The formal validity of a telephone marriage is to be determined according to the laws of the countries in which both parties are physically present when the marriage takes place. Therefore, a telephone marriage celebrated whilst one of the parties is in the United Kingdom will not be valid as telephone marriages are not valid in this country.

In cases where the UK-based sponsor was overseas when a telephone marriage took place and the laws of both countries recognise such marriages, we cannot deny that the marriage is valid. Enquiries about the marriage laws of other countries may be referred to Policy.

See here.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

knowledge_seeker

Post by knowledge_seeker » Wed May 01, 2013 8:27 pm

Thanks Guys for your reply. I am engaged to her. We have met quite a few times. We have photos of engagement together. Do we stand any chance?
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 01, 2013 8:51 pm

D4109125 wrote:

Waiting for the reply.

Many thanks
The formal validity of a telephone marriage is to be determined according to the laws of the countries in which both parties are physically present when the marriage takes place. Therefore, a telephone marriage celebrated whilst one of the parties is in the United Kingdom will not be valid as telephone marriages are not valid in this country.

In cases where the UK-based sponsor was overseas when a telephone marriage took place and the laws of both countries recognise such marriages, we cannot deny that the marriage is valid. Enquiries about the marriage laws of other countries may be referred to Policy.

See here.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.