ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal Letter

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Refusal Letter

Post by annoyedatukba » Wed May 01, 2013 11:35 am

PSW route Cat D, funds in the uk. I applied on november 15th, biometric letter november 20th, refusal letter april 23rd. Refusal reason, I did not have my name on my website and hence was awarded 0 points for attributes.

I was given the right to appeal, and I appealed on April 26th. Appeal date set for July 30th!!! So more waiting.

Anyone know the success rate of an appeal, or if anyone has been refused cause of a similar reason I would appreciate the feedback.

entrepreneur123

Re: Refusal Letter

Post by entrepreneur123 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:44 am

Sorry to hear that. Many people been refused for not mentioning name. UKBA really do not care about us. If you dont mind sharing could you please tell what kind of business did you open and what job title did you choose?
annoyedatukba wrote:PSW route Cat D, funds in the uk. I applied on november 15th, biometric letter november 20th, refusal letter april 23rd. Refusal reason, I did not have my name on my website and hence was awarded 0 points for attributes.

I was given the right to appeal, and I appealed on April 26th. Appeal date set for July 30th!!! So more waiting.

Anyone know the success rate of an appeal, or if anyone has been refused cause of a similar reason I would appreciate the feedback.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Wed May 01, 2013 11:51 am

I set up an import export business, and my role NFQ 6. They accepted both the company and the role, but to get refused cause my name is not on the website?? I mean I feel that my case worker should have sent an email or something asking me to put it on there.
Last edited by annoyedatukba on Wed May 01, 2013 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i_am_sultan
Newly Registered

Post by i_am_sultan » Wed May 01, 2013 12:43 pm

annoyedatukba wrote:PSW route Cat D, funds in the uk. I applied on november 15th, biometric letter november 20th, refusal letter april 23rd. Refusal reason, I did not have my name on my website and hence was awarded 0 points for attributes.

First of all sorry to hear about your refusal...now we really cant do anything except wait for justice. You got the appeal date so quick i appealed on 20th april and still i havent got anything from tribunal. Can you plz tell us how you lodged your appeal through solicitor or on your own paper hearing or oral hearing??? thanks

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Wed May 01, 2013 12:46 pm

Ya they did set a date quite quickly, but this date is almost 3 months away, so more waiting . I was advised by my solicitor to opt for the oral hearing as the success rate is a little higher. Then again, who knows.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Wed May 01, 2013 12:47 pm

and in answer to your second question, I wrote the appeal with the solicitor, but I posted it special next day delivery with the royal mail

i_am_sultan
Newly Registered

Post by i_am_sultan » Wed May 01, 2013 12:55 pm

annoyedatukba wrote:Ya they did set a date quite quickly, but this date is almost 3 months away, so more waiting . I was advised by my solicitor to opt for the oral hearing as the success rate is a little higher. Then again, who knows.
well you got the appeal date within three working days its really quick and after lodging my appeal my lawyer told me tribunal will get back to you within 2-3 weeks with the hearing date

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Wed May 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Sorry to hear about this. Hope you win the appeal. Did you not provide your name on the other marketing material?

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Wed May 01, 2013 1:04 pm

dd156 wrote:Sorry to hear about this. Hope you win the appeal. Did you not provide your name on the other marketing material?
Thanks for your support, I hope I win the appeal as well. I did supply business cards in there and they had my name and contact information on there. But looking back at the guidance notes, they do say marketing / advertising material that has been published nationally. Not sure that the business cards qualify

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Wed May 01, 2013 1:05 pm

i_am_sultan wrote:
annoyedatukba wrote:Ya they did set a date quite quickly, but this date is almost 3 months away, so more waiting . I was advised by my solicitor to opt for the oral hearing as the success rate is a little higher. Then again, who knows.
well you got the appeal date within three working days its really quick and after lodging my appeal my lawyer told me tribunal will get back to you within 2-3 weeks with the hearing date
Yes I know what you mean, but I thought that they would get back to me with a closer date perhaps in May or something. I guess there is nothing to do but wait. Very frustrating. Why was yours refused?

i_am_sultan
Newly Registered

Post by i_am_sultan » Wed May 01, 2013 1:07 pm

annoyedatukba wrote:
i_am_sultan wrote:
Yes I know what you mean, but I thought that they would get back to me with a closer date perhaps in May or something. I guess there is nothing to do but wait. Very frustrating. Why was yours refused?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=133611

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Wed May 01, 2013 1:11 pm

i_am_sultan wrote:
annoyedatukba wrote:
i_am_sultan wrote:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=133611
it seems that we are all in the same boat, I do not know why they insist on dragging us through the mud like this. DO you think that we can use the fact that the UKBA was declared incompetent and is being shut down by theresa may to argue out case? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21941395

hey

Post by hey » Wed May 01, 2013 1:31 pm

annoyedatukba wrote:I set up an import export business, and my role NFQ 6. They accepted both the company and the role, but to get refused cause my name is not on the website?? I mean I feel that my case worker should have sent an email or something asking me to put it on there.
Hi "annoyedatukba,
soory to hear that.
Can i ask what is your last degree in?
that's really good you only have refusal becoz of missing info as that can be win in appeal.

Thanks

i_am_sultan
Newly Registered

Post by i_am_sultan » Wed May 01, 2013 1:40 pm

hey wrote:
annoyedatukba wrote:I set up an import export business, and my role NFQ 6. They accepted both the company and the role, but to get refused cause my name is not on the website?? I mean I feel that my case worker should have sent an email or something asking me to put it on there.
Hi "annoyedatukba,
soory to hear that.
Can i ask what is your last degree in?
that's really good you only have refusal becoz of missing info as that can be win in appeal.

Thanks
yes missing information cases could be win under evidence flexibility

Dawn786

Post by Dawn786 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:32 pm

sorry to hear about your refusal due to missing name on your website. however, ive noticed from your previous message that you have set up an import export company, im not sure if you are aware but import export job nature is classified as NVQ level 3!!! (felt like highlighting this point and not to frustrate you further)

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Wed May 01, 2013 8:46 pm

Dawn786 wrote:
sorry to hear about your refusal due to missing name on your website. however, ive noticed from your previous message that you have set up an import export company, im not sure if you are aware but import export job nature is classified as NVQ level 3!!! (felt like highlighting this point and not to frustrate you further)
Thanks for the clarification, but my job role (which has been approved by the UKBA) was business development manager which falls under NVQ level 6

rps4you
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

refused

Post by rps4you » Thu May 02, 2013 10:49 pm

please can you look into this and suggest me.

I applied for my visa in October 2012, received refusal letter today-

it states-the advertisement does not contain my name.

in addition the contract i provided does not clearly specify the services i am providing to the party names in the contract as specified in para 41-sd (c) iii of appendix a.

My job title is sales and marketing manager and i have added the services i provide to my clients in the contracts submitted as mentioned below-

discuss analyse and monitor requirement, plan and monitor surveys, analyse products/services performance, advise on, propose, monitor performance of clients marketing campaign, produce and assess reports to develop marketing/sales strategies.

all this links with the requirements mentioned. i submitted new advertisement with my name but they must have recd it after decision was made. please advise should i appeal the decision or should i contact the case manager.

please advise if you believe any of the information provided was incomplete or incorrect.please help me on these points as i can send the advertisement again however, i am confused about the second point they have raised for declining my application..

i_am_sultan
Newly Registered

Re: refused

Post by i_am_sultan » Thu May 02, 2013 11:15 pm

rps4you wrote:please can you look into this and suggest me.

I applied for my visa in October 2012, received refusal letter today-

it states-the advertisement does not contain my name.

in addition the contract i provided does not clearly specify the services i am providing to the party names in the contract as specified in para 41-sd (c) iii of appendix a.

My job title is sales and marketing manager and i have added the services i provide to my clients in the contracts submitted as mentioned below-

discuss analyse and monitor requirement, plan and monitor surveys, analyse products/services performance, advise on, propose, monitor performance of clients marketing campaign, produce and assess reports to develop marketing/sales strategies.

all this links with the requirements mentioned. i submitted new advertisement with my name but they must have recd it after decision was made. please advise should i appeal the decision or should i contact the case manager.

please advise if you believe any of the information provided was incomplete or incorrect.please help me on these points as i can send the advertisement again however, i am confused about the second point they have raised for declining my application..
Go for appeal and hire a good lawyer.......you cant send your application for administrative review