ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Criminality Requirement Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asser
Newly Registered

Criminality Requirement Naturalisation

Post by asser » Wed May 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Hi all

I was convicted of insurance offence by court in 2010 and received 6 points and £425 fine. My conviction was that the person who was driving my car was not insured. I had valid insurance and my car was insured but when police stopped us my friend was driving without insurance so i was convicted for authorizing someone to drive without insurance traffic offence code IN14 was given to me.

I was issued ILR at PEO, however I showed case worker CRB and police check, both were clear and I was grant ILR.

NOW, my Naturalisation is due, In guidance notes under good character it clearly states that driving uninsured in not a minor offence, I am sending CRB and police check again, do you think my application will be rejected even though I was granted ILR with same conviction – please advise ?? thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Criminality Requirement Naturalisation

Post by Amber » Wed May 01, 2013 4:35 pm

asser wrote:Hi all

I was convicted of insurance offence by court in 2010 and received 6 points and £425 fine. My conviction was that the person who was driving my car was not insured. I had valid insurance and my car was insured but when police stopped us my friend was driving without insurance so i was convicted for authorizing someone to drive without insurance traffic offence code IN14 was given to me.

I was issued ILR at PEO, however I showed case worker CRB and police check, both were clear and I was grant ILR.

NOW, my Naturalisation is due, In guidance notes under good character it clearly states that driving uninsured in not a minor offence, I am sending CRB and police check again, do you think my application will be rejected even though I was granted ILR with same conviction – please advise ?? thanks
The conviction would generally create a 3 year automatic refusal for naturalisation. So it depends when in 2010 you were convicted? Although, after this time your recklessness offence can still create a refusal, albeit discretionary. If this is your only conviction and the conviction was over 3 years and you meet the other requirements for naturalisation then I would expect you to be successful.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.