ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success - WP+tier 2 ICT +tier 1 at Solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DesiBoys

ILR success - WP+tier 2 ICT +tier 1 at Solihull

Post by DesiBoys » Wed May 01, 2013 5:43 pm

Hi all

A great thanks to many people who took time to read my queries and help me. As well posting their experiences that encouraged me to submit my app. I am elated to say that I am a permanent resident of the UK today :)

My Appt was 9.30 at Solihull. I neither included my spouse yet as I wasn't too sure of the outcome nor my baby as he is uk born so would go for naturalisation direct.

I had a single person appt But Solihull let my partner enter the peo office without any questions at all.

Firstly at the entrance they checked that I have used the right version of the form and payment mode. Passing the security check I was handed over with a token number.

The number was called within ten min and I was called to the case worker's desk.

She was extremely friendly. Kept chatting to us about various things etc. she asked if I have absence over 180 days to which I answered no. She said if she can see my work permit as I first entered with that.

I gave her that and she wrote some details on her paper. She glanced through my form and took a lookat the page where I had listed all my absences. She asked if I know the total of absences for which I offered the absence sheet. I also had a seven weeks compassionate/paid leaves absence during tier 2 ICT for which she just made a comment 'oh that's just over a month so it's fine'. She then took payslips and did a quick total of all 12 months to verify the earnings I'm claiming. Took bank statements and said good that you've highlighted the pay lines. Asked if I have photocopies which I did.

And that was it!! She didn't ask anything about employer letter but as I had them I gave it to her but she didn't bother to read much.

She said all good if no convictions it's approved. Did bio came after an hour and the file was ready !!

Happy to answer any questions.

Documents submitted
Set o, passport and biometric
2 photos
Life in UK test
12 month payslip
12 month bank statement
Original Work permit
Absence sheet

She didn't ask but I have employer letter confirming employment and absences.

My original case is under
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:20 pm

Congratulations Mate. Enjoy Your ILR. Thank You for posting oyur Experience. How would you Rate Solihull PEO.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

DesiBoys

Post by DesiBoys » Wed May 01, 2013 7:56 pm

10/10 really. Haven't been to other peo s but no issues whatsoever. calm atmosphere, Good friendly staff, Quick processing. What else can u ask for !!

And thanks. Good luck to your upcoming appt

syed_ILR

Re: ILR success - WP+tier 2 ICT +tier 1 at Solihull

Post by syed_ILR » Thu May 02, 2013 12:45 am

DesiBoys wrote:Hi all

A great thanks to many people who took time to read my queries and help me. As well posting their experiences that encouraged me to submit my app. I am elated to say that I am a permanent resident of the UK today :)

My Appt was 9.30 at Solihull. I neither included my spouse yet as I wasn't too sure of the outcome nor my baby as he is uk born so would go for naturalisation direct.

I had a single person appt But Solihull let my partner enter the peo office without any questions at all.

Firstly at the entrance they checked that I have used the right version of the form and payment mode. Passing the security check I was handed over with a token number.

The number was called within ten min and I was called to the case worker's desk.

She was extremely friendly. Kept chatting to us about various things etc. she asked if I have absence over 180 days to which I answered no. She said if she can see my work permit as I first entered with that.

I gave her that and she wrote some details on her paper. She glanced through my form and took a lookat the page where I had listed all my absences. She asked if I know the total of absences for which I offered the absence sheet. I also had a seven weeks compassionate/paid leaves absence during tier 2 ICT for which she just made a comment 'oh that's just over a month so it's fine'. She then took payslips and did a quick total of all 12 months to verify the earnings I'm claiming. Took bank statements and said good that you've highlighted the pay lines. Asked if I have photocopies which I did.

And that was it!! She didn't ask anything about employer letter but as I had them I gave it to her but she didn't bother to read much.

She said all good if no convictions it's approved. Did bio came after an hour and the file was ready !!

Documents submitted
2 photos
Life in UK test
12 month payslip
12 month bank statement
Original Work permit
Absence sheet

yo mate congrats ..did u use blablacar website lol!!!!

it seems they are not fussed about absences if it is less than 180 days ??

your absences

Year 1 -> 1st April 2008 till 30th Mar 2009 -> 74 days
Year 2 -> 1st April 2009 till 30th Mar 2010 -> 158 days
Year 3 -> 1st April 2010 till 30th Mar 2011 -> 55 days
Year 4 -> 1st April 2011 till 30th Mar 2012 -> 17 days
Year 5 -> 1st April 2012 till 30th Mar 2013 -> 27 days

what reason did u give for the second year mate?

black_bird

Post by black_bird » Thu May 02, 2013 3:16 am

Documents submitted
2 photos
Life in UK test
12 month payslip
12 month bank statement
Original Work permit
Absence sheet

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I live in london but had to book for Solihull for PEO. Great to hear you had nice experience!

One question, did you provide an employer letter for days of absence?
The other question is did you take photocopy of ALL documents with you?

I guess the tip from you would be to keep it as simple as it can be and do not take lots of documentation that are not needed :)

Thanks.

DesiBoys

Post by DesiBoys » Thu May 02, 2013 10:03 am

syed_ILR wrote:

Documents submitted
2 photos
Life in UK test
12 month payslip
12 month bank statement
Original Work permit
Absence sheet

yo mate congrats ..did u use blablacar website lol!!!!

it seems they are not fussed about absences if it is less than 180 days ??

your absences

Year 1 -> 1st April 2008 till 30th Mar 2009 -> 74 days
Year 2 -> 1st April 2009 till 30th Mar 2010 -> 158 days
Year 3 -> 1st April 2010 till 30th Mar 2011 -> 55 days
Year 4 -> 1st April 2011 till 30th Mar 2012 -> 17 days
Year 5 -> 1st April 2012 till 30th Mar 2013 -> 27 days

what reason did u give for the second year mate?
lol - no my spouse finally drove me to Solihull :)

I had one table as mentioned above listing total number of holidays per year. Another table, within the same page (as well as required in the Set (O) form) I had listed all my absences as either Business trip or Paid Annual leave. The long gap between feb 09 till sep 09 was listed simply as Business trip. No questions were asked (none about where I was paid too)

DesiBoys

Post by DesiBoys » Thu May 02, 2013 10:09 am

black_bird wrote:

Documents submitted
2 photos
Life in UK test
12 month payslip
12 month bank statement
Original Work permit
Absence sheet

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I live in london but had to book for Solihull for PEO. Great to hear you had nice experience!

One question, did you provide an employer letter for days of absence?
The other question is did you take photocopy of ALL documents with you?

I guess the tip from you would be to keep it as simple as it can be and do not take lots of documentation that are not needed :)

Thanks.
After reading experiences between Croydon and Solihul I think Solihull is great but I have never been to croydon.

The CW looked at the Set(O) form where I had listed all my absences. She confirmed that all are within 180 days (i also handed over a absence sheet) and thats it.

I had even though checked the option below in the form that I am providing employer letter in support she did not ask for it. I only handed it over to her because I have had many rounds of discussions with my HR and they took real pain to get one ready for me. I didn't want to come back with the letter without being used. But CW didnt even glanced at it !! bummer

So I would say keep the letter for back up. At Solihul they ask you the documents they need which is very good.

And yes, she asked me if I have the photocopies - and I did for the ones I have listed here:
Passport - first, last, tier 1 page and biometric.
Life in UK test
12 month payslip
12 month bank statement
Original Work permit

She then only took further copies of all visa pages (yellow pages she called them) i have had so far on my passport. It saved her time i guess so its not mandatory.