ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa married and now pregnant

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shaffyk
Newly Registered

Student visa married and now pregnant

Post by shaffyk » Wed May 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi there, I'm looking for information for some friends who both have come from abroad on tier 4 student visas. They recently went back to their home country to get married as it was arranged by their parents and returned the uk a few weeks later. The girl is now pregnant and they are both living with relatives who are supporting them and paying their expenses. Their visa renewal is coming up in july and the girls baby is due in november. They both now wish to stay with their relatives in this country. How can they do this. Her husband is already working full time to try and raise funds. Should they apply for extension? and do they have to declare the marriage and pregnancy? or should they apply for extension and just have the baby and then declare it. They seem to believe that by having the baby in the UK it will help them in the long term to receive indefinite stay.

Any advice to help them understand what they are doing and what the law actually is would be appreciated.

Deviser

Re: Student visa married and now pregnant

Post by Deviser » Wed May 01, 2013 9:54 pm

shaffyk wrote:Hi there, I'm looking for information for some friends who both have come from abroad on tier 4 student visas. They recently went back to their home country to get married as it was arranged by their parents and returned the uk a few weeks later. The girl is now pregnant and they are both living with relatives who are supporting them and paying their expenses. Their visa renewal is coming up in july and the girls baby is due in november. They both now wish to stay with their relatives in this country. How can they do this. Her husband is already working full time to try and raise funds. Should they apply for extension? and do they have to declare the marriage and pregnancy? or should they apply for extension and just have the baby and then declare it. They seem to believe that by having the baby in the UK it will help them in the long term to receive indefinite stay.

Any advice to help them understand what they are doing and what the law actually is would be appreciated.
I think there is no visa or visa extension on baby declaration. Otherwise, rather than ACCA, all student will switch on that visa. :lol:

As long as I know, the baby born in UK type visa issues on human ground and baby should have been old like 7 years or more (need confirmation) plus it have many so complicated term and condition needs to be fullfilled and usually visa decided in court and take several years time.

Plus I just have seen a case. A couple were living in UK with UK born baby grounds and case was pending in court. UKBA guys just arrest them and deport them straightaway with baby without giving them opportunity to reach court or lawyer. Now they have all their belongings here in UK and living in Pakistan with 10 years re-entry ban.

So you can imagine the situation regarding living in UK on these grounds.

shaffyk
Newly Registered

Post by shaffyk » Thu May 02, 2013 9:10 am

Deviser wrote:
shaffyk wrote:Hi there, I'm looking for information for some friends who both have come from abroad on tier 4 student visas. They recently went back to their home country to get married as it was arranged by their parents and returned the uk a few weeks later. The girl is now pregnant and they are both living with relatives who are supporting them and paying their expenses. Their visa renewal is coming up in july and the girls baby is due in november. They both now wish to stay with their relatives in this country. How can they do this. Her husband is already working full time to try and raise funds. Should they apply for extension? and do they have to declare the marriage and pregnancy? or should they apply for extension and just have the baby and then declare it. They seem to believe that by having the baby in the UK it will help them in the long term to receive indefinite stay.

I think there is no visa or visa extension on baby declaration. Otherwise, rather than ACCA, all student will switch on that visa. :lol:

As long as I know, the baby born in UK type visa issues on human ground and baby should have been old like 7 years or more (need confirmation) plus it have many so complicated term and condition needs to be fullfilled and usually visa decided in court and take several years time.

Plus I just have seen a case. A couple were living in UK with UK born baby grounds and case was pending in court. UKBA guys just arrest them and deport them straightaway with baby without giving them opportunity to reach court or lawyer. Now they have all their belongings here in UK and living in Pakistan with 10 years re-entry ban.

So you can imagine the situation regarding living in UK on these grounds.
many thanks for your reply, yeah I understand what youre saying about all students doing it they have cousins who want to do the same thing as them and they're all waiting to see if these two are successful, they've got links to a good solicitor who will probably know (for a good sum of money) how they can best represent their case. It was could be along the lines of they did a love marriage against their parents wishes and ran away to the UK and can't go back back because they'll be killed for asylum in the UK. They are both adamant to stay here and have the full support of their relatives but I just don't see how they are going to do it and what possible basis they're going to do it on.
A real head scratcher really. :?

WP2008
Newly Registered

Post by WP2008 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:46 am

shaffyk wrote: many thanks for your reply, yeah I understand what youre saying about all students doing it they have cousins who want to do the same thing as them and they're all waiting to see if these two are successful, they've got links to a good solicitor who will probably know (for a good sum of money) how they can best represent their case. It was could be along the lines of they did a love marriage against their parents wishes and ran away to the UK and can't go back back because they'll be killed for asylum in the UK. They are both adamant to stay here and have the full support of their relatives but I just don't see how they are going to do it and what possible basis they're going to do it on.
You need to know that UKBA employs smarter people and probably even smarter systems that can see right through all the reasons. You think they would have never heard of this before?

I don't want to judge you/your friends and it may be genuine. But cases like these (real and fake) are probably the key drivers for UKBA to further tighten the regulations and make it worse even for genuine applications.

shaffyk
Newly Registered

Post by shaffyk » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:43 pm

WP2008 wrote:
shaffyk wrote: many thanks for your reply, yeah I understand what youre saying about all students doing it they have cousins who want to do the same thing as them and they're all waiting to see if these two are successful, they've got links to a good solicitor who will probably know (for a good sum of money) how they can best represent their case. It was could be along the lines of they did a love marriage against their parents wishes and ran away to the UK and can't go back back because they'll be killed for asylum in the UK. They are both adamant to stay here and have the full support of their relatives but I just don't see how they are going to do it and what possible basis they're going to do it on.
You need to know that UKBA employs smarter people and probably even smarter systems that can see right through all the reasons. You think they would have never heard of this before?

I don't want to judge you/your friends and it may be genuine. But cases like these (real and bad quality) are probably the key drivers for UKBA to further tighten the regulations and make it worse even for genuine applications.
I understand where you're coming from, I was just finding out info but what they do is their business I suppose. They know the law but really want to settle here and have already claimed asylum now and are waiting for a decision plus they are being backed by a solicitor and they have the support of their relatives. So how much can regulations really be tightened?

I've seen so many students like them coming here as husband and wife and having kids whilst here rather than study as a means to settle eventually its pretty common now isn't it?
Others have their relatives find them a British citizen to marry before their student visa expires? Uncles and aunties getting their kids married to first and second cousins already here or finding them partners of families that want a son or daughter in law from back home. Is that illegal? most likely not. Getting here on a student visa is all they need really.
And yes theres so many types of unique case scenarios plus the genuine students or asylum seekers and these kind of people take advantage but what can you do? I also don't want to judge people its up to them what they do with their life and what struggle they wish to go through to get a British passport. There's a lot of personal sacrifice involved. Its their choice in the end.

studio123
Newly Registered

Post by studio123 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:47 am

They won't get a visa Ukba knows who is doing what now as they employ people from same country. They know the all trick in the book. Not harm in trying but they won't be able to visit UK ever again

WP2008
Newly Registered

Post by WP2008 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:54 pm

shaffyk wrote: I understand where you're coming from, I was just finding out info but what they do is their business I suppose. They know the law but really want to settle here and have already claimed asylum now and are waiting for a decision plus they are being backed by a solicitor and they have the support of their relatives. So how much can regulations really be tightened?

I've seen so many students like them coming here as husband and wife and having kids whilst here rather than study as a means to settle eventually its pretty common now isn't it?
Others have their relatives find them a British citizen to marry before their student visa expires? Uncles and aunties getting their kids married to first and second cousins already here or finding them partners of families that want a son or daughter in law from back home. Is that illegal? most likely not. Getting here on a student visa is all they need really.
And yes theres so many types of unique case scenarios plus the genuine students or asylum seekers and these kind of people take advantage but what can you do? I also don't want to judge people its up to them what they do with their life and what struggle they wish to go through to get a British passport. There's a lot of personal sacrifice involved. Its their choice in the end.
Thanks for taking my original message in the way it was intended.

I am no legal expert and not close to the details; I also don't want to judge your friend's intentions. But the reasons provided sound flimsy - I have heard more complicated (& more genuine) cases that anyway resulted in people getting deported.