ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Holiday Absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prageethpasyala
Newly Registered

Holiday Absence

Post by prageethpasyala » Wed May 01, 2013 9:14 pm

HI,

I wish to apply for settle in uk end of august. According to new rules should submit my absence for the work during last five years. I had 4 week holiday every year which visited my country (Sri Lanka).
Anyone know what kind of evidence should i submit. is it a letter from the employer which saying they had pay me for holidays????

Thanks

maidy

Post by maidy » Wed May 01, 2013 11:45 pm

if your holidays are not work related and you only visit your family/parents back home, then you do not need any letter from employer or any evidence.
You can urself write a letter and explain about your personl annual holiday and that will be sufficient.

Employer Letter for paid absence only required where the absence is work/business related.

Good Luck with your application.
Maddy

wmazhar

Post by wmazhar » Sat May 04, 2013 10:19 pm

no proof required

hsmp505

Post by hsmp505 » Sat May 04, 2013 11:56 pm

What category you are applying under for your ILR?

Tier 1 , Tier 2 or work permit or HSMP JR

It's related to your current visa.

For example if you are going to apply in Tier 1 and you are employed (salaried) then you do need a letter from your current and previous employers to mentioned that for holidays you were out of country were paid
holidays. This goes to personal holidays.

For official business, you would also need letter from employer to confirm
that you were out of country on official business and got salary in UK.

If you are self employed then a personal letter would be OK.