ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canadian PR Card Expires this year

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RobSg
Newly Registered

Canadian PR Card Expires this year

Post by RobSg » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:13 pm

Hi-
I have a question. I have a friend who is waiting for his Canadian citizenship. He was in Canada for more than three years, but decided to work for a year or so in Singapore before returning to live permanently in Canada. He passed the citizenship test and was interviewd, but he was required to submit additional paperwork. He did, and he's been waiting for a year, and no word. He's patient and will wait until he gets word. He can stay out for another year easily according to the law.
The problem is this, however. He is worrying about his Permanent Residence card that expires in October 2007. Is it difficult to renew his PR card while he is out of Canada, or does he need to fly all the way back to Montreal to renew it? Is the PR card the type of a card that can be renewed in a couple hours, or are you required to wait for a couple months to get it back? I REALLY appreciate a some feedback on this. I hope that renewing a PR card is quite easy. Is It?

daniya
Newly Registered

Post by daniya » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:24 pm

same question, can any one help pls?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:58 am

If I remember correctly, they were issuing the new PR card orginally also through embassies.

The obvious answer to this question is to check the web site of the Canadian embassy, and then to call the consular affairs office of the embassy.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Mon May 05, 2008 5:04 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:If I remember correctly, they were issuing the new PR card orginally also through embassies.
No, they never did this. There is a single entry Travel Document available outside Canada.

wimmigration
Newly Registered

Post by wimmigration » Wed May 07, 2008 5:11 pm

Hi there,

Good discussion.

For further information, visit:

http://fastimmigration.blogspot.com

Good luck to all.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu May 08, 2008 5:44 am

The post by wimmigration is a SPAM post of a link. Could an administrator please remove the posting.