ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR due soon - Motoring conviction for Motorway overspeeding

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kami786110
Newly Registered

ILR due soon - Motoring conviction for Motorway overspeeding

Post by kami786110 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:02 am

i will be applying for ILR soon and just need some clarification on one issue, I had 3 points and £60 FPN in Feb, 2012, as i was over speeding on 50 speed road so got pulled over and got 3 points however it was only done via police and wasn't done through court.
Can senior please clarify that it would affect my ILR as the new rules state there should be no conviction within 24 months.
Many thanks in advance

selva

Re: ILR due soon - Motoring conviction for Motorway overspee

Post by selva » Thu May 02, 2013 2:01 pm

kami786110 wrote:i will be applying for ILR soon and just need some clarification on one issue, I had 3 points and £60 FPN in Feb, 2012, as i was over speeding on 50 speed road so got pulled over and got 3 points however it was only done via police and wasn't done through court.
Can senior please clarify that it would affect my ILR as the new rules state there should be no conviction within 24 months.
Many thanks in advance
FPN is not a conviction

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR due soon - Motoring conviction for Motorway overspee

Post by Amber » Thu May 02, 2013 2:26 pm

kami786110 wrote:i will be applying for ILR soon and just need some clarification on one issue, I had 3 points and £60 FPN in Feb, 2012, as i was over speeding on 50 speed road so got pulled over and got 3 points however it was only done via police and wasn't done through court.
Many thanks in advance
You are right that a non-custodial sentence within the preceding 24 months of an ILR application is a general grounds for refusal. However, a FPN (even a court issue one unless recorded) is not considered as a conviction for this purpose. There is no need to declare the FPN either. Although, to ease any worry you can include the information in the further information box.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kami786110
Newly Registered

Post by kami786110 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:42 pm

thanks alot for your prompt replies, highly appreciated. So i don't even need to declare it on my visa application for ILR as i did declare my previous points when i had my extension so not declaring them wouldn't cause no issue.