ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

shifting from PSW to Tier 1

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hussain.114
Newly Registered

shifting from PSW to Tier 1

Post by hussain.114 » Thu May 02, 2013 11:43 am

Hi All!
I am on PSW visa and will apply for Tier2 next week. I want to know whether I am new entrant or not as I am 28 years Old.
Thanks In Advance.

damnmad
Australia

Re: shifting from PSW to Tier 1

Post by damnmad » Thu May 02, 2013 11:55 am

hussain.114 wrote:Hi All!
I am on PSW visa and will apply for Tier2 next week. I want to know whether I am new entrant or not as I am 28 years Old.
Thanks In Advance.
regardless your age, ppl who are switching from PSW will always come under NEW ENTRANT category
Never mind!!!

hussain.114
Newly Registered

Post by hussain.114 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:37 pm

Thank You! :D

godistrue

Post by godistrue » Thu May 02, 2013 2:01 pm

hussain.114 wrote:Thank You! :D
It means anyone aged more than 26 years old will be considered as new entrant. Am I correct ?

Because I am 29 years old. I am on PSW visa and moving to Tier 2

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Fri May 03, 2013 7:54 am

Anyone switching from psw to tier 2 are consider as new entrant no matter how old he/she is .

vc555

Post by vc555 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:19 am

nisarmalik wrote:Anyone switching from psw to tier 2 are consider as new entrant no matter how old he/she is .

Hi,

can you please point me to which line of statement mentioned like that ?

I don't thinks so because people who has 5 years exp in overseas may came here to do high level Degree, after study they are in PSW, so how come they will come under new entrant !!!

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Tue May 07, 2013 3:14 pm

immigration law

Appendix J: Codes of Practice for Tier 2 Sponsors, Tier 5 Sponsors and employers of Work Permit Holders

Appropriate salary rates
14. Where these Rules state that an applicant must be paid the appropriate rate for a job as set out in this Appendix, the rate will be determined as follows:

(a) Where the most appropriate match for the job in question appears in Tables 1 to 5 or Table 9, the appropriate rate is as stated in the relevant Table.

(b) Where the most appropriate match for the job in question appears in one of Tables 1 to 5 and also appears in Table 9, the appropriate rate is as stated in Table 9, and the rates stated in Tables 1 to 5 do not apply.

(c) Table 8 is to be used for identifying the equivalent SOC 2010 code only. The appropriate rate must then be identified for that SOC 2010 code using the other tables, where relevant.

(d) Where both "new entrant" and "experienced worker" rates are stated in Tables 1 to 5, the "new entrant" rate will only apply if the applicant:

(i) is applying as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant and scores points from the Post-Study Work provisions of Appendix A,

(ii) is applying as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant and scores points from the Resident Labour Market Test provisions of Appendix A, on the basis that his Sponsor has carried out a university milkround,

(iii) is applying as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant in the Graduate Trainee sub-category, or

(iv) was under the age of 26 on the date the application was made,

and is not applying for a grant of leave that would extend his total stay in Tier 2 and/or as a Work Permit Holder beyond 3 years and 1 month.

The "experienced worker" rate will apply in all other cases.

There is no age limit for study.

varun711
Newly Registered

?Who pays for my application fees

Post by varun711 » Tue May 07, 2013 3:50 pm

I am applying for a Tier 2 General visa (shifting category from Tier 1 PSW)

Initially one of the directors (Operations director - my boss) in our contract discussions told me that the company would pay for my visa application (though this was not put down in writing in my contract). Now the Managing Director who is now the director that I report to has refused to pay for the application fees.

I assumed it is the companies responsibility to pay for your visa isn't it? Literally - 'Sponsored visa'??

Could anyone please advice me as the application fees is over £500 which is no small amount.