ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved Solihull, HSMP/Tier 1 with Unpaid leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

[iD]

ILR Approved Solihull, HSMP/Tier 1 with Unpaid leave

Post by [iD] » Thu May 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Just to inform you guys that I had my appointment on 30th of April and got my ILR approved on the day. Couldn't post as I was pretty busy with stuff but here you go.
Also, we received my biometric card today.

I booked a room for a night in Premier Inn which is literally seconds away from Solihull PEO. Stayed there with my wife and kids and got to PEO at 10:30 for 10:45 appointment.

PEO was pretty empty with a few people in, caseworker called at 10:45
Case was approved by 11:25 (took this long due to other caseworkers jumping in and asking my caseworker for advice and stuff).
Biometric was done 11:55 and got our approval letter at around 12:40.

I had total of two absences for 15 days each in last 5 years, one of them were unpaid leave at the time when I was between jobs. Caseworker wasn't interested in any letters or evidence. Didn't ask for anything regarding absence neither did I offer. Even tho I had personal letter for that leave.

Document (asked) submitted:
Photos
Life in the UK pass notification
For Job 1: Employers letter detailing pay with dates and Bank statements
For Job 2: Payslips and Bank statements
Cohabination: To cover April 2011 - April 2013 period I submitted had 6 months documents in total but caseworker returned 2 of them saying he doesn't want them. He returned April 2011 doc and April 2013 document. Kept Sep-11, Jan-12, Jun-12, Nov-12.

That's it I guess.
Oh and thanks to everyone on this forum, including people who take their valuable time to answer and to people who ask weird random questions since it all helped.

Feel free to ask any question.
Goodluck.

syed_ILR

Re: ILR Approved Solihull, HSMP/Tier 1 with Unpaid leave

Post by syed_ILR » Thu May 02, 2013 11:45 pm

[iD] wrote:Just to inform you guys that I had my appointment on 30th of April and got my ILR approved on the day. Couldn't post as I was pretty busy with stuff but here you go.

I booked a room for a night in Premier Inn which is literally seconds away from Solihull PEO. Stayed there with my wife and kids and got to PEO at 10:30 for 10:45 appointment.

Case was approved by 11:25 (took this long due to other caseworkers jumping in and asking my caseworker for advice and stuff).

I had total of two absences for 15 days each in last 5 years, one of them were unpaid leave at the time when I was between jobs. Caseworker wasn't interested in any letters or evidence. Didn't ask for anything regarding absence neither did I offer. Even tho I had personal letter for that leave.

Photos
Cohabination: To cover April 2011 - April 2013 period I submitted had 6 months documents in total but caseworker returned 2 of them saying he doesn't want them. He returned April 2011 doc and April 2013 document. Kept Sep-11, Jan-12, Jun-12, Nov-12.

That's it I guess.
Oh and thanks to everyone on this forum, including people who take their valuable time to answer and to people who ask weird random questions since it all helped.

Hey congrats!

How many unpaid leaves did u have?

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri May 03, 2013 1:06 am

syed_ILR wrote:
Hey congrats!

How many unpaid leaves did u have?
15 days but the caseworker wasn't bothered.
Goodluck.

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Wed May 08, 2013 7:41 pm

Many congratulations! And thanks for posting your experience.

Could I ask if you were asked anything about your economic activity (wages, employment status, etc) for any period other than the previous year?

RJ - India
Newly Registered

Post by RJ - India » Thu May 09, 2013 9:41 am

I have two weeks unpaid leave (not between jobs, but while in employment. I had to go to India for my brother's wedding and didnt have much of my annual leave allowance left. This was 2 years ago. My line manager approved unpaid leave) - would this be a problem? I have now seen examples of the unpaid leave between jobs being OK on this forum, but not where unpaid leave was taken during employement, approved by employer... help please!

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed May 22, 2013 3:46 pm

katwmn6 wrote:Many congratulations! And thanks for posting your experience.

Could I ask if you were asked anything about your economic activity (wages, employment status, etc) for any period other than the previous year?
Sorry for the late reply, haven't been checking.
No, nothing else asked. Just had to prove that we satisfy the points requirement for last year.
Goodluck.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed May 22, 2013 3:47 pm

RJ - India wrote:I have two weeks unpaid leave (not between jobs, but while in employment. I had to go to India for my brother's wedding and didnt have much of my annual leave allowance left. This was 2 years ago. My line manager approved unpaid leave) - would this be a problem? I have now seen examples of the unpaid leave between jobs being OK on this forum, but not where unpaid leave was taken during employement, approved by employer... help please!

Honestly, I don't see this as a problem. As mentioned, I wasn't asked to show any letters from employers etc.
If you're on tier 1, you can blatantly say that you went to india to explore business opportunities.
Goodluck.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed May 22, 2013 3:49 pm

[iD] wrote:Just to inform you guys that I had my appointment on 30th of April and got my ILR approved on the day. Couldn't post as I was pretty busy with stuff but here you go.

Photos

That's it I guess.

Congratulations. Don't know how I missed reading your experience. Enjoy your ILR.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed May 22, 2013 3:56 pm

Well done! Good luck
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed May 22, 2013 11:18 pm

Kevin24 wrote: Congratulations. Don't know how I missed reading your experience. Enjoy your ILR.
Thanks! We must have had way too many success stories that day I guess.
sheraz7 wrote: Well done! Good luck
Thanks
Goodluck.

black_bird

Post by black_bird » Thu May 23, 2013 12:42 am

Photos

That's it I guess.

Congratulations! :)

I will be going to Solihull next month as well, but I am really worried!!!

I have over 230 stamps on my passport, all are short trips over the weekends etc, so total days is under 180 days. But my employer is only willing to provide letter stating ive been working full time and each year i am entitled to 25 days of annual leave. Employer is not willing to provide letter stating my days spent oversea are related to paid leaves, as they dont know what i used those days for, nor are they able to list out the actual days of annual leaves, would this be a problem?

Also my bank has provided me a set of statements but on it it has the word 'DUPLICATE' , would this be a problem? I've lost the original statements.

Thanks.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu May 23, 2013 5:30 pm

black_bird wrote:
Congratulations! :)

I will be going to Solihull next month as well, but I am really worried!!!

I have over 230 stamps on my passport, all are short trips over the weekends etc, so total days is under 180 days. But my employer is only willing to provide letter stating ive been working full time and each year i am entitled to 25 days of annual leave. Employer is not willing to provide letter stating my days spent oversea are related to paid leaves, as they dont know what i used those days for, nor are they able to list out the actual days of annual leaves, would this be a problem?

Also my bank has provided me a set of statements but on it it has the word 'DUPLICATE' , would this be a problem? I've lost the original statements.

Thanks.
Thanks
From my (and others) experience, caseworkers are least interested in employers letter as long as the absence are below 180. You should be fine with the letter you were given by your employer. If they ask why employer haven't listed the days spent out of the UK then just tell them the truth, your employer would never know what you used your holidays for.

About bank statements, if they were printed in the bank on plain paper then they must contain bank stamp. If they were sent by post in official stationary then they should be fine even if they are marked as duplicate
Goodluck.