ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Residence Card for non-EEA extended family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sb11
Newly Registered

EEA Residence Card for non-EEA extended family member

Post by Sb11 » Thu May 02, 2013 5:10 pm

Hi all,

I am married to an Indian national who is fully independent with a good career and has completed five years of continuous stay in the UK on EEA Residence Card.

Her sister, also an Indian national and on Student's visa, is currently pursuing MBA and staying with us since past year.

We have been providing her full financial support all this time and my wife is really close to her given she is the only sibling she has. Their parents stay in India and are fully independent, well settled and were guaranteers for her sister's student loan.

My question is whether it is legal to apply for a EEA Residence Card for my sister-in-law while she is still in the UK on her student visa? Also, how to strengthen her application and avoid refusals? Lastly, are there any special routes of compassion that may allow such family connections to sustain?

Given the current state of economy, the disappearance of Post Study Work Visa, my sister-in-law will have to leave the country right after completion of her course. This would kick start the horrible process of her not being able to meet my wife and traveling miles each time. Their parents are fine to visit for long periods (months).

I am more than happy to have her around and provide her an opportunity to have a better future and be closer to her sister (my wife). Eventually of course she will move out but we wish to secure her future so family meetings would not become expensive affairs each year.

Your guidance will be appreciated!

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 02, 2013 6:54 pm

I presume that in order to get her student visa, she had to show that she has enough funds to sustain herself (and pay for the tuition). It would be difficult to claim now that she is dependant on you financially.

If she is studying for MBA in a UK institution, she might qualify for Tier-1 Graduate Entrepreneur. She should also be able to find a sponsor for a tier-2 visa holding a UK MBA.

Sb11
Newly Registered

Post by Sb11 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:09 pm

I think only a limited number of people will be considered under this scheme.
So, I wonder if EEA Residence card is a scheme that we should consider?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu May 02, 2013 8:15 pm

She cannot qualify for residence card.

An extended family member, cannot qualify solely on the basis of post entry dependancy.

Pre-entry dependancy is a prerequisite to qualifying.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Sb11
Newly Registered

Post by Sb11 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:27 am

Thank you both. I think that makes sense.

gaurav

Post by gaurav » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:37 pm

Hi I am in a similar situation and would like to do the same for my cousin, please let me know if you got any further with this.

hummad21
Newly Registered

Post by hummad21 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:50 am

Obie wrote:She cannot qualify for residence card.

An extended family member, cannot qualify solely on the basis of post entry dependancy.

Pre-entry dependancy is a prerequisite to qualifying.
That rule ommitted in Nov 2012.

Correct rule is:

UK Implementation

Regulation 8 of the 2006 Regulations (which deals with extended family members)
implements this duty in the United Kingdom. Under Regulation 8 there are four kinds
of extended family member:

a person who is a relative of an EEA national or his/her spouse or civil
partner and who is financially dependent on the EEA national or is a
member of his/her household, and who either (i) is accompanying the
EEA national to the UK / wishes to join him there, or (ii) has joined him in
the UK and continues to be dependent on him or to be a member of
his/her household;

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... iew=Binary

hummad21
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Residence Card for non-EEA extended family member

Post by hummad21 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:51 am

Sb11 wrote:Hi all,

I am married to an Indian national who is fully independent with a good career and has completed five years of continuous stay in the UK on EEA Residence Card.

Her sister, also an Indian national and on Student's visa, is currently pursuing MBA and staying with us since past year.

We have been providing her full financial support all this time and my wife is really close to her given she is the only sibling she has. Their parents stay in India and are fully independent, well settled and were guaranteers for her sister's student loan.

My question is whether it is legal to apply for a EEA Residence Card for my sister-in-law while she is still in the UK on her student visa? Also, how to strengthen her application and avoid refusals? Lastly, are there any special routes of compassion that may allow such family connections to sustain?

Given the current state of economy, the disappearance of Post Study Work Visa, my sister-in-law will have to leave the country right after completion of her course. This would kick start the horrible process of her not being able to meet my wife and traveling miles each time. Their parents are fine to visit for long periods (months).

I am more than happy to have her around and provide her an opportunity to have a better future and be closer to her sister (my wife). Eventually of course she will move out but we wish to secure her future so family meetings would not become expensive affairs each year.

Your guidance will be appreciated!

Thanks

Correct rule is:

UK Implementation

implements this duty in the United Kingdom. Under Regulation 8 there are four kinds

his/her household;

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:48 am

hummad21 wrote:

Correct rule is:

UK Implementation

his/her household;

We are very much aware of the rule change. My post was not sent in ignorance of it, neither does it contradicts it in any way.

The fact remain that pre-entry and post entry dependancy or membership of the household is still a requirement.

That might change in the court of Appeal judgement in AO (Nigeria) and MU (Bangladesh) on Monday, but as things stand, that is the law.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Amen
Newly Registered

Re: Obie please I need to speak to you, i need your help

Post by Amen » Tue May 05, 2015 1:29 am

Obie wrote:
hummad21 wrote:

Correct rule is:

UK Implementation

his/her household;

We are very much aware of the rule change. My post was not sent in ignorance of it, neither does it contradicts it in any way.

The fact remain that pre-entry and post entry dependancy or membership of the household is still a requirement.

That might change in the court of Appeal judgement in AO (Nigeria) and MU (Bangladesh) on Monday, but as things stand, that is the law.

Amen
Newly Registered

DNA

Post by Amen » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:36 pm

Hello Guys,

Please, when when you are requested at your own discretion to do a DNA Test and provide some answers to UKBA, what could be the possible outcome of the application if you do them.

Amen
Newly Registered

DNA TESTING -PLEASE HELP

Post by Amen » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:24 am

Hello Guys,

Please, when when you are requested at your own discretion to do a DNA Test and provide some answers to UKBA question, what could be the possible outcome of the application if you do them.

I have provided these request since one month ago and i have not heard from them.

Please help.