ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR at Cardiff PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Janjua76
Newly Registered

ILR at Cardiff PEO

Post by Janjua76 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:07 pm

Hi

I applied for ILR today at Cardiff PEO. My case was very straightforward.
Came to the UK on HSMP, then extended into Tier 1. I Have been employed throughout the period of my stay. Out of the UK for a total of only 66 days.

Now the problem is, after waiting for about 6 hours the case worker said my case couldn't be decided on the same day as they were waiting for some security checks to come back from other government organisations. They said my documents were OK and retutrned all the documents to me, except the passport.

I was told to wait for a call in the next few days or weeks. I would like to know, what checks could these be?
They haven't mentioned anything regarding the decision. Should I take it as approval, as the documents are returned to me? They've just kept the passport.

Any responses from experienced members are welcome!

Thanks

annoyed

Post by annoyed » Tue May 07, 2013 9:44 am

You have entered the vicious circle of deferred cases I am afraid. Sorry to hear about this. I am struggling with my case which was straight forward like you as well. And I applied at Cardiff PEO as well. And I was told exactly the same thing as you. PRECISELY THE SAME WORDS.

As long as you have nothing to hide, you will win.. I am sure UKBA will grant you a leave..

Did you get the famous "Further enquiries" letter?

Janjua76
Newly Registered

ILR at Cardiff PEO

Post by Janjua76 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:02 am

Hi annoyed

I wasn't given any letter at that time. I was asked to leave the PEO, and they told me that I would receive the letter in post. Still waiting!! So much for a "Premium Service"...

How about you? when did you submit your case? Have you heard anything yet?

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Tue May 07, 2013 10:52 am

annoyed wrote:You have entered the vicious circle of deferred cases I am afraid. Sorry to hear about this. I am struggling with my case which was straight forward like you as well. And I applied at Cardiff PEO as well. And I was told exactly the same thing as you. PRECISELY THE SAME WORDS.

As long as you have nothing to hide, you will win.. I am sure UKBA will grant you a leave..

Did you get the famous "Further enquiries" letter?
I was just wondering if only cardif PEO ask for this security check or other PEOs are asking for it as well, and is it related to some nationalities?

Please advise.

annoyed

Post by annoyed » Wed May 08, 2013 11:24 am

Hi Janjua76,

My PEO experience:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=860

My refusal and current progress:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=annoyed

Please keep us posted about your case as well.

Regards.

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Wed May 08, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi,

I can understand the dissapointment as I had a similar situation at Cardiff in Jan thi year,

They couldnt make a decison on the same day due to biometrics result werent coming through due to a system error and gave my document back saying they will call back whether I need to do iometrics again or not,

So by this I was expecting a long delay knowing UKBA time lines. But to my surprise Cardiff PEO called me very next day and said all were fine and had my BRP cards in 3 days straight after,

So in my understnding the further checks meaning could be related to Bimetrics related checks.

Hope you all hear the good news soon,

MP

----Info/Advice I provide is general in nature and shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional or Legal advice where necessary.

Janjua76
Newly Registered

ILR at Cardiff PEO

Post by Janjua76 » Wed May 08, 2013 2:29 pm

annoyed,

I got that "Further enquiries" letter in post yesterday. Now the waiting game starts.

:? [/u]

stokbrig

Re: ILR at Cardiff PEO

Post by stokbrig » Wed May 08, 2013 5:23 pm

Janjua76 wrote:annoyed,

I got that "Further enquiries" letter in post yesterday. Now the waiting game starts.

What does the letter say?

Janjua76
Newly Registered

Post by Janjua76 » Wed May 08, 2013 5:39 pm

stokbrig wrote:

It starts as:

"I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your application.

Your application is valid but there are further enquiries that need to be made on your case and as such we were unable to compete the case on the day of appointment."........

I think the rest is the usual stuff, a general template. I spotted two spelling and grammar mistakes. See the word "compete" above.... :shock:

On the day the caseworker said they were waiting for a check to come back and I asked her repeatedly if they needed Any more documents. She said no, the documents were ok. Now the letter says further enquiries needed. Can't understand this. Maybe it's a general template.

Janjua76
Newly Registered

Post by Janjua76 » Wed May 08, 2013 5:42 pm

MP1982 wrote:Hi,

I can understand the dissapointment as I had a similar situation at Cardiff in Jan thi year,

They couldnt make a decison on the same day due to biometrics result werent coming through due to a system error and gave my document back saying they will call back whether I need to do iometrics again or not,

So by this I was expecting a long delay knowing UKBA time lines. But to my surprise Cardiff PEO called me very next day and said all were fine and had my BRP cards in 3 days straight after,

So in my understnding the further checks meaning could be related to Bimetrics related checks.

Hope you all hear the good news soon,

MP

----Info/Advice I provide is general in nature and shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional or Legal advice where necessary.
I think your case is different, as you had a known problem ie biometric issues. Were you given a letter stating "further enquiries needed" or did it specifically state that decision coudn't be made becasue of biometrics?

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Thu May 09, 2013 10:28 am

Janjua76 wrote:
stokbrig wrote:

It starts as:

"I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your application.

Your application is valid but there are further enquiries that need to be made on your case and as such we were unable to compete the case on the day of appointment."........

I think the rest is the usual stuff, a general template. I spotted two spelling and grammar mistakes. See the word "compete" above.... :shock:

On the day the caseworker said they were waiting for a check to come back and I asked her repeatedly if they needed Any more documents. She said no, the documents were ok. Now the letter says further enquiries needed. Can't understand this. Maybe it's a general template.
Is there any one on the forum who has got ILR after security checks?
How long an Security check will usually take?
Please advise

Janjua76
Newly Registered

Post by Janjua76 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:10 pm

Janjua76 wrote:Hi

I applied for ILR today at Cardiff PEO. My case was very straightforward.
Came to the UK on HSMP, then extended into Tier 1. I Have been employed throughout the period of my stay. Out of the UK for a total of only 66 days.

Now the problem is, after waiting for about 6 hours the case worker said my case couldn't be decided on the same day as they were waiting for some security checks to come back from other government organisations. They said my documents were OK and retutrned all the documents to me, except the passport.

I was told to wait for a call in the next few days or weeks. I would like to know, what checks could these be?
They haven't mentioned anything regarding the decision. Should I take it as approval, as the documents are returned to me? They've just kept the passport.

Any responses from experienced members are welcome!

Thanks
By the grace of Almighty Allah, I received my BRP today with Indefinite Leave to Remain. The "Same Day" service has taken almost 2 months, but at least it's good news at the end of it. This forum has been very useful for me and I will be referring to it again for future applications for me and my wife.