ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ECO'S!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

clm
Newly Registered

ECO'S!!!

Post by clm » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:40 pm

Hi there,

I know from extensive reading of this site how frustrating waiting for a answer from the ECO can be but are they allowed ignore your application?

My husband had an interview with the embassy in Moldova on the 17th of January, the ECO said he ran out of time after one hour and wanted to interview my husband again saying he would let him know when.

That was over two weeks ago and we have not had one word from the embassy, I and our solicitor have e-mailed the ECO to ask for any information on the progress of our application and he has yet to answer.

The visa processing time for a spouse visa in Moldova is three weeks, Its been five weeks now.

I know this is a mild complaint compared to some posts on here.

I was wondering if there is anything more we can do besides wait,if we do not hear anything by next week?

Thank you!

Zhenia
Newly Registered

Post by Zhenia » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:04 pm

hello there

i am myself in a similar position. applied for fiancee visa on JAn 15, 2006 in Ukraine and have not heard from the BHC ever since.
i was not given any info at the embassy after i applied. they just said to wait until they contact me regarding the interview date. but i called the embassy in a week and they said that my application was referred to Home Office for further enquiries. and enquiries of the kind take 2 months (!)

in your case certainly there are things you can do. firstly you personally can call the BHC to enquire on the progress of the application. so can your solicitor and MP. to make an enquiry you'll need your husband's name, date of birth and reference number of the application made in Moldova. I think phoning is better than emailing.

They say it really helps to involve your MP. try it.

I am trying to find out if there are certain regulations on waiting times - but with little success so far, to be honest with you.

if you find anything on spesific requirements on waiting times - pls let me know!

If i find anything i'll post it too.

best of luck
z.

clm
Newly Registered

Ignored by embassy

Post by clm » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:50 pm

Hi Zhenia,
Thanks so much for your reply, Just writing to vent my anger really. We applied almost three months ago now and we have not had any contact from the embassy since. We phone every week and get told that there is no news and we must wait, I have tried to speak to the ECO, somehow he is never there when I call. In the last week, the visa section has been not taking calls, telling us to e-mail, but of course they have never replied.

We have waited almost 3 months now and we are afraid to get angry with them as they have our future in their hands.

ukvisa's says a settlement visa can take 12 weeks, thats the end of march for us, so have to just wait until then to see if they get in touch.

Reading the posts here, I am amazd to see how soem people have had contact with the ECO's and staff regularly, I thought most people were treated the same as us.