ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 for my husband

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mir
Newly Registered

EEA2 for my husband

Post by mir » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:47 am

hello moderator

i am a regular viewer of this forum and the moderators are doing a really appreciated brilliant job .cheers

well let me drop down straight to my issue, i am a EU_national(german) exercising as a student for a year and my husband non-EU_national who's here from 2004 as a fulltime student and just completed his studies dec 2006.

we both got married in uk (register marraige) last year june with HO COA approval after that I applied for EEA1 directly and got the same day. now its my husband time with EEA2.we applied for EEA2 in sept 2006 and got a letter stating that application is under consideration and HO anticipates 6months for the process, on the other hand my husbands studentvisa gets expired jan2007 and my studies are going to get finished by july07 and again i will be on my further education in sept07 and this is the situation we are here to seek advice wisely.

our bank_funds statements submitted with the application is very low four_figure and now we got a fair-reasonable 4figure amount. my query is at any chance do i need 2 send the bank statements again and do i need to prove them abt my intention for further education.plz advice & can he(my husband) work full-time (when the application in process).

tensailee

Post by tensailee » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:26 am

EEA2 should be a straight forward application, there is a very slim chance it'll get rejected, as long as:

1. he is your family member, and
2. at least one of you are exercising treaty rights, and
3. you "do not cause too much burden" on the social security system.

A few thousand pounds on the bank account should be enough proof for students that they do not need benefits to live in this country. Though the HO never gave any guidelines regarding this, it depends on the individual’s situation and the caseworker who considers your case.

Your husband can work and live in the UK completely legal, as long as his application is under consideration. Remember, he automatically gained the right to live in this country as your family member on the day of marriage. The EEA2 application (all EEA1-4 applications, for this matter), are merely confirmation for these rights. They are not compulsory, but beneficial and convenient if you need to proof to someone else (e.g. employer, immigration officer) that you have to right to live and work in this country. He, as your family member, enjoys all the rights you enjoy in the UK, except the right to vote for local government and European elections.

mir
Newly Registered

Post by mir » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:04 am

thank u for ur kind reply, my concern is do i need to

a). send bank statements showing higher balances again to HO coz, they were too low before when we send it with the application.

b). also is there a need to send my husbands bank statements and salary slips, etc bcoz we didnt send any of this with the eea2 application. he is working on a permanent part-time for almost two years now.

plz help me and i am worried now .

tensailee

Post by tensailee » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:31 am

My advice is don't do anything until the home office writes to you asking for them.