ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa Query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sachpuro
Newly Registered

Family Visitor Visa Query

Post by sachpuro » Sat May 04, 2013 1:59 pm

ALL,

Sorry for long post but I need advice form experts on the following:

Background info

I am in the process of applying for my parents Family visitor visa and I'd be sponsoring their visit to UK.

I am on Settlement (ILR) visa in the UK (ILR approved on 22 Apr 2013). My Parents (Father & Mother) have previously visited UK for 3 days on General Visitor Visa (6 months validity) in the year 2011. They have also visited Australia for 3 weeks (Australia visa valid for 1 year multiple entry) and US for 4 weeks (US B1/B2 visa multiple entry valid for 10 years) in last 2 years for tourism.

Both my parents are employed in India (Father in Permanent employment and Mother is self employed). They have sufficient bank balance in savings account and evidence of property (land and house in india in their names).

Q- Would it be okey if we apply for Family Visitor Long term 10 year or we need to apply for 2 year-> 5 year-> 10 year?? Reason why we want to apply for 10 year is that after 5 year my parents will retire and then it might be difficult to show evidence for their employment (though we can show their pension as source of income + usual evidence of property/land etc)

Q- Although my parents are capable of funding their visit to UK on their own, would it be beneficial if I am sponsoring or it doesn't matter if they fund themselves? (In any case, we have all documents to prove the funds availability for myself as sponsor, as well as my parents funds in India)

Following few questions are regarding the online application form:

1. How much money is available for your visit?
Do I write the INR bank balance amount in my father/Mother's Savings Bank Account or the GBP amount (e.g. £5000) that I can provide her being a sponsor?

2. If someone other than yourself is paying for all or any part of this visit, how much money will they give you?
Do I write the same amount GBP amount (e.g. £5000) that I can provide to each one of my Parent being a sponsor?

Is £5000 is enough as sponsor amount? (My parents will be staying with me in my own 4 Bedroom House, so there is really no other expense for them. I am providing letter of sponsorship with all the relevant details of my income, funds and accommodation and associated documents to support the same)

3.What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the United Kingdom?

What should I write here? Should I mention NONE (since all the cost are paid by me being a sponsor, nothing is to be paid by my parents) or should I indicate a range of figure e.g. £1000 - £1500 and mention that it is paid by sponsor?

Your inputs would be of great help.

batleykhan

Re: Family Visitor Visa Query

Post by batleykhan » Sun May 05, 2013 11:35 am

sachpuro wrote:ALL,

Sorry for long post but I need advice form experts on the following:

Background info

I am in the process of applying for my parents Family visitor visa and I'd be sponsoring their visit to UK.

I am on Settlement (ILR) visa in the UK (ILR approved on 22 Apr 2013). My Parents (Father & Mother) have previously visited UK for 3 days on General Visitor Visa (6 months validity) in the year 2011. They have also visited Australia for 3 weeks (Australia visa valid for 1 year multiple entry) and US for 4 weeks (US B1/B2 visa multiple entry valid for 10 years) in last 2 years for tourism.

Both my parents are employed in India (Father in Permanent employment and Mother is self employed). They have sufficient bank balance in savings account and evidence of property (land and house in india in their names).

Q- Would it be okey if we apply for Family Visitor Long term 10 year or we need to apply for 2 year-> 5 year-> 10 year?? Reason why we want to apply for 10 year is that after 5 year my parents will retire and then it might be difficult to show evidence for their employment (though we can show their pension as source of income + usual evidence of property/land etc)

You can try and apply for 10 yrs visa, but the chances are slim, as UKBA like people to have a few 6 months or two years visas before they grant a 10 years one

If in 5 years they wish to come,then the main source of support would be you yourself , whereas at the e present moment, they have the finance clout

Q- Although my parents are capable of funding their visit to UK on their own, would it be beneficial if I am sponsoring or it doesn't matter if they fund themselves? (In any case, we have all documents to prove the funds availability for myself as sponsor, as well as my parents funds in India)

Yes there is nothing to stop you sponsoring if you are inviting them as family members.If you are inviting them as General visitors , then they will have to fund the trip themselves

Following few questions are regarding the online application form:

1. How much money is available for your visit?
Do I write the INR bank balance amount in my father/Mother's Savings Bank Account or the GBP amount (e.g. £5000) that I can provide her being a sponsor?

Again that will depend on whether its a family or GV visa they are applying for. If its family it will be yours, if its GV it will be what they have in their account

2. If someone other than yourself is paying for all or any part of this visit, how much money will they give you?
Do I write the same amount GBP amount (e.g. £5000) that I can provide to each one of my Parent being a sponsor?

Yes if its a family visit, this will be the amount available that you the sponsor has set aside for their total trip cost

Is £5000 is enough as sponsor amount? (My parents will be staying with me in my own 4 Bedroom House, so there is really no other expense for them. I am providing letter of sponsorship with all the relevant details of my income, funds and accommodation and associated documents to support the same)

Yes its more than enough for a 6 months visit

3.What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the United Kingdom?

What should I write here? Should I mention NONE (since all the cost are paid by me being a sponsor, nothing is to be paid by my parents) or should I indicate a range of figure e.g. £1000 - £1500 and mention that it is paid by sponsor?

Write down what your parents have if they are coming as GV, or what you have set aside for them if you are sponsoring them.

You need to make up your mind whether you want to invite them as a family member, in which case you will be the main sponsor or as a General visitor in which case you do not need to act as their sponsor as they are paying for all their costs themselves.

The only difference in these type of application us that for one (family) you have a right of appeal ( but only for the next few weeks before this is done away with), whereas you don't have that with the GV application

Hope this helps

Your inputs would be of great help.

imitskavets
Newly Registered

Re: Family Visitor Visa Query

Post by imitskavets » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:47 pm

Hello,

I am currently sponsoring my mum to come and visit me in the UK on a 6 months' visitor visa, but the instructions on the ukba site state that I can only apply for a general visitor visa for her, as I don't yet have permanent residency (I am on a tier 1 visa here). This is quite confusing since she is obviously going to tell them she is coming to visit her daughter in the UK during the interview, yet she can't call is a family visit.