ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension - Additional docs submit, awaiting response

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Saadat_Irfan
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension - Additional docs submit, awaiting response

Post by Saadat_Irfan » Mon May 06, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi all,
I am currently on Tier 1 General Visa, which was issued on 1 March 2011. My visa expired on 28 Feb 2013 and I applied for my extension a day before on 27 Feb 2013 through premium one day service at Lunar House London. On the day, the PEO officer raised a question saying my qualification (MSc on which I also claimed my 35 points) is in Business Management, however all my professional work (including jobs and self-employment) is in the IT field. So I need to justify that I have the IT skills and expertise that I claim. I explained on the spot that I have a 4 years Hons BSc IT degree that I completed back home. In addition, all my jobs since finishing my MSc have been in the IT field (3 years plus). In reply the officer said, that is fine, send me all those qualifications that you have, within 7 days. I then sent my original degree accompanied by transcripts within 3 days. Since then it has been more than 2 months that I have not heard back anything from them.

Now my two questions are if someone with experience or similar history could kindly tell me (a) how long can it take for them to process my application and get back to me and (b) what could be taking so long for them to process it, what route do they adopt to decide on cases like this?

I understand it is different from any other cases but will be extremely grateful if someone could shed some light based on their experiences please.

Thanks heaps in advance

Saadat_Irfan
Newly Registered

Post by Saadat_Irfan » Wed May 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Hi guys,

I'd be really grateful if any senior member or moderator could answer my questions here?

Thanks a lot in advance!

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Wed May 08, 2013 10:35 pm

did u provided this qualification during previous application?

Saadat_Irfan
Newly Registered

Post by Saadat_Irfan » Wed May 08, 2013 10:41 pm

Yes my qualification was the same last time (my MSc) for which I secured 35 points. My BSc degree was not even required last time. So not sure why suddenly they want to "see" my IT knowledge and expertise.

Thanks for looking into this and for your reply.