ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa finances at 2.5 and 5yr renewals?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wjbrown
Newly Registered

Spouse visa finances at 2.5 and 5yr renewals?

Post by wjbrown » Mon May 06, 2013 3:57 pm

Could someone please explain to me what financial requirements have to be met at the 2.5yr and 5yr application stages after an initial UK spouse visa has been issued?

We were planning to have savings transferred from other family members to my name for 6 months prior to our application for a spouse visa. While this would allow us to get a spouse visa initially, I can't find out what the stipulations are for the next two steps to keep renewing the visa. We can't hold onto the money indeterminately. It seems savings are no longer taken at the (-16000, /2.5) for the application after 2.5yrs but at only (-16000).

How much is needed at each application?

How long for prior to each application?

Are both partners earnings (in the UK) now applicable?

Thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa finances at 2.5 and 5yr renewals?

Post by Amber » Mon May 06, 2013 6:11 pm

wjbrown wrote:Could someone please explain to me what financial requirements have to be met at the 2.5yr and 5yr application stages after an initial UK spouse visa has been issued?

We were planning to have savings transferred from other family members to my name for 6 months prior to our application for a spouse visa. While this would allow us to get a spouse visa initially, I can't find out what the stipulations are for the next two steps to keep renewing the visa. We can't hold onto the money indeterminately. It seems savings are no longer taken at the (-16000, /2.5) for the application after 2.5yrs but at only (-16000).

How much is needed at each application?

How long for prior to each application?

Are both partners earnings (in the UK) now applicable?

Thanks.
The financial requirements (the same) have to be met at both times you go for FLR(m) and then again when you apply for SET(m).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Wed May 08, 2013 4:54 pm

The difference is that at the 2.5 and 5 year points, both partners' UK earnings can be considered.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 08, 2013 5:26 pm

anniecc wrote:The difference is that at the 2.5 and 5 year points, both partners' UK earnings can be considered.
Both incomes can be considered in the beginning if they are both working (legally) in the UK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Wed May 08, 2013 6:24 pm

D4109125 wrote:
anniecc wrote:The difference is that at the 2.5 and 5 year points, both partners' UK earnings can be considered.
Both incomes can be considered in the beginning if they are both working (legally) in the UK.
Yes sorry, I was responding specifically to the OP's post. In many cases the applicant will have no UK income at the time of initial application, so only the sponsor's income can be counted. If both partners are earning in the UK both incomes can be counted, for both initial and extension applications.