ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investment in a property as business premises

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fatguyslim

Investment in a property as business premises

Post by fatguyslim » Tue May 07, 2013 8:42 am

Hey everyone, just wanted to ask you guys whether investing my capital in a property to set up my business, still class as investment? This wont be a residential property but a property which will be a premises for my various business opportunities that I will be setting up? Please let me if that is allowed or not? Will give more info if you wish to send me a PM. Cheers

Shinya

Re: Investment in a property as business premises

Post by Shinya » Tue May 07, 2013 9:10 am

fatguyslim wrote:Hey everyone, just wanted to ask you guys whether investing my capital in a property to set up my business, still class as investment? This wont be a residential property but a property which will be a premises for my various business opportunities that I will be setting up? Please let me if that is allowed or not? Will give more info if you wish to send me a PM. Cheers
It is clearly mentioned in the policy guidance how they will evaluate the portion of your business investment from the residential property. Whole property if you live there wll not be taken as business investment.

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Tue May 07, 2013 10:33 am

I might be wrong in my perception, but if the residential property in total is used for the business purposes, it should be counted towards investment. For example, if someone buy 3 bedroom house and want to use for lets say security company offices, ebay warehouse and in general as a company head office, then this should be counted in investment. Thats still subject to permission from local council and someone must need to put application with them that XYZ residential property will be used for this kind of buisness purposes and offcourse once approved, you will be liable for business rates on that property.
We are trying to do the same thing, buy residential property and then use that for company office and warehouse. I will appreciate if someone can comment if we are doing something wrong, coz our application is still in process from last 6 months and keeping all this amount in banks is just like wasting resources and our energies. So we are buying one residential property to use for offices. Will it be defendable in case later on they ask for fresh statement or explain where the remaining money is gone, can we defend ourselves for the visa?

Thanks

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Thu May 09, 2013 3:25 pm

What saeedusman said is absolutely correct having money sitting in the bank doesn't help anyone. I would like to invest in a number of things while my application is being processed but I am not really sure if that is allowed or not? Please can someone let us know whether investing in property for business purposes is acceptable or not? Cheers