ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - ILR - Spouse visa from India - Lost BRP Card

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samsonkarni
Newly Registered

Urgent - ILR - Spouse visa from India - Lost BRP Card

Post by samsonkarni » Tue May 07, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi Everyone at Immigration board.

I am getting married in June 2013 and I need to apply spouse visa for my wife from India.

About my wife:

She comes to UK on student visa and after finishing her masters she applied for PSW visa which she grant for 2 years - (Expires on Nov 2013). She went to India for family visit on Nov 20th 2012 for 10 days.

After few days before her travel back to UK, she noticed that she lost the BRP (Bio-Matric Representation card) while she was in India. We have informed UKBA for regarding the loss of BRP card and she has registered the Police complaint in India.

To deactivate the BRP card and process the case, UKBA need the case ref.no’s for all the visas , she got in UK, which she couldn’t provide because of her place of her location is Outside UK
We tried a lot to contact UKBA for case ref.no’s, but we are unable to get the case ref.no’s for her visas (Student visa & PSW visa). Without that case ref.no UKBA cannot process her request.

Finally she thought of applying Spouse visa after getting married.

About myself:

My current visa status is ILR – (Indefinite leave to Remain) which I got on Jan 2013. I am working as IT Contractor since last 3 Years though my own limited company in UK.

My Question:

1. While filling the visa form (Spouse visa) online there are 3 questions which are about the previous immigration history, where she need to give the case ref. no’s for all the visas (Which she don’t have). How do we achieve this?

2. With the above her situation can she apply spouse visa from India?

Please can anyone help with your thoughts to come out from this issue? I really don’t know what to do.

Many Thanks
Samson

impactcrew

Post by impactcrew » Wed May 08, 2013 9:34 am

I would suggest you contact the UKBA as they would have all the records and would advise you on the best way forward.

Good luck.