ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calculating 5 yr period for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajakaman
Newly Registered

Calculating 5 yr period for ILR

Post by rajakaman » Tue May 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi,
I am new to this forum so I wasnt sure whether the same question was raised in the past, if so please re-direct me.

I have been in UK through Tier-2 (ICT) since Feb 2009. I believe I am eligible for UK ILR after 4 years and 11 months. But there is statement in UKBA site which says,

"The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be
counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days. This can occur
if the applicant is delayed travelling to the UK. Provided the period of delay does not exceed
90 days, it will not be counted as an absence.
If the absences are in connection with other employment outside the UK, which
demonstrates the UK employment is secondary, these are not permitted absences, and the
continuous period requirement is considered broken."

I got my UK workpermit valid from Dec 2008 itself and i traveled by Feb 2009. So, does that mean I can calculate my 5 yr period from Dec 2008 itself. Please clarify.

Also is there any amount I need to maintain in bank account for some period to apply for ILR.

Thanks a lot in advance, please help!

[/b]

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue May 07, 2013 8:03 pm

No fund maintainance is needed for ILR.

Also, if u entered in feb 2009 after the stamping on dec 2008 given that the delay was less than 90 days you will be able to apply in dec 2014. You can apply 28 before you complete 5 years.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

rajakaman
Newly Registered

Post by rajakaman » Wed May 08, 2013 12:09 pm

Thanks a lot for your quick reply "uksettlement".
You are answers were clear and to the point.

Gagan3456
Newly Registered

Post by Gagan3456 » Sat May 11, 2013 7:01 pm

In section 6.1 of Set(o) form, what start date would you specify in below case? Dec 2009 or Feb 2009 ?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:01 pm

Gagan3456 wrote:In section 6.1 of Set(o) form, what start date would you specify in below case? Dec 2009 or Feb 2009 ?
I stated the date I entered UK for the first time. CW did not say any thing.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

rajakaman
Newly Registered

Sorry, I am again confused now....

Post by rajakaman » Sun May 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
Gagan3456 wrote:In section 6.1 of Set(o) form, what start date would you specify in below case? Dec 2009 or Feb 2009 ?

What should be taken as starting date? Is that the date you land in UK for the first time or should it be the date the initial visa becomes valid (entry clearance) if its within 90 days in past from the date of travel.

Also what is that CW mean. Sorry I am new.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Sorry, I am again confused now....

Post by Kevin24 » Sun May 12, 2013 3:30 pm

rajakaman wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

What should be taken as starting date? Is that the date you land in UK for the first time or should it be the date the initial visa becomes valid (entry clearance) if its within 90 days in past from the date of travel.

Also what is that CW mean. Sorry I am new.
Follow the SET Oform. The date I landed in UK for the first time. CW,means CASE WORKER at UKBA.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .