ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Security Checks !?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stokbrig

Security Checks !?

Post by stokbrig » Thu May 09, 2013 10:30 am

Is there any one on the forum who has got ILR after security checks?
How long an Security check will usually take?
Please advise

Emrah

Re: Security Checks !?

Post by Emrah » Thu May 09, 2013 10:36 am

stokbrig wrote:Is there any one on the forum who has got ILR after security checks?
Please advise
by security check do you mean criminal record checks?

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Thu May 09, 2013 10:47 am

Emrah wrote:
stokbrig wrote:Is there any one on the forum who has got ILR after security checks?
Please advise
No, I'm asking about a case couldn't be decided on the same day as UKBA were waiting for some security checks to come back from other government organisations.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 09, 2013 10:51 am

This is a normal procedure by UKBA. They do security checks for all applications. If there are IT issues (which is very common) then the PEO can't make the decision same day and hold the application instead.

Once the IT issues are resolved and they are able to do the security checks, they inform the applicant about the outcome of the application by post.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu May 09, 2013 10:52 am

stokbrig wrote:
Emrah wrote:
Please advise
No, I'm asking about a case couldn't be decided on the same day as UKBA were waiting for some security checks to come back from other government organisations.
These checks must be due to some thing which has come up in your Bio Metrics. A friend of mine's decision was delayed by one day at Liverpool PEO ,until CW received the information. When they do a Bio-Metrics,they get all the information from a "wider UK System". If it is not serious,you should get your decision in few days.Good Luck.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Normally If biometrics features indicates something wrong/ukba got some serious complaint about the applicant then further security checks are carried too.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Normally If biometrics features indicates something wrong/ukba got some serious complaint about the applicant then further security checks are carried too.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS