ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enterprenuer Visa & Long Residency

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Imran14

Enterprenuer Visa & Long Residency

Post by Imran14 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi Guys

I have been recently going through forums ahd have come across people who have been in UK for last 7-8 years and getting rejections on the basis of Immigration history, Though they dont mention the reason but they come out with reasons for refusals as 'We dont think that You are Genuine Enterprenuer and you will not invest 50k'.

A friend of mine is a recent victim, after his interview where everything was genuine along with his intentions.

I dont know how far this could be true .... Any Victims or Opinions

entrepreneur123

Re: Enterprenuer Visa & Long Residency

Post by entrepreneur123 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:29 pm

I personally dont think its a main rejection reason. some applicants got their visa on this forum who were in UK for 8 to 9 years. Even if you get rejected you can prove that in appeal that you met all requirments

Imran14 wrote:Hi Guys

I have been recently going through forums ahd have come across people who have been in UK for last 7-8 years and getting rejections on the basis of Immigration history, Though they dont mention the reason but they come out with reasons for refusals as 'We dont think that You are Genuine Enterprenuer and you will not invest 50k'.

A friend of mine is a recent victim, after his interview where everything was genuine along with his intentions.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Thu May 09, 2013 5:49 pm

It depends on case worker how he/she consider the case. In case of 7+ years in UK, the refusal is on following logic:

The first assessment period of Entrepreneur visa is at least after 3 years which shows your business performance/progress along with at least 2 jobs for settled persons. But before that assessment time your 10 years in UK comes to end and you apply for ILR on long residency base. So there would not be any logical way for HO to assess you under Entrepreneur visa. On this probability some Case Workers conclude that applicant's intention is to complete 10 years rather than to effectively establish the business.

Though it is presentable in court but critical for someone who has already spent 7+ years of life in UK.

In my opinion if somebody has any other opportunity to complete 10 years then go for that rather than to putting herself at risk after 7+ years.

penny1012

10 years and Entrepreneur visa

Post by penny1012 » Thu May 09, 2013 7:30 pm

This is so unfair. If an applicant meets all the requirements, they should be allowed to stay,note that the reason for introducing the Points Based System in 2008 was to remove ‘subjectivity’ from applications. The policy makers are insane, they are making things difficult for non EU migrants. I personally think that they have a hidden agenda to reduce migrant numbers and we are the victims. My solicitors said the same to me when my visa was refused on 22nd March 2013, as I have been here for 9 years. Let's see what the judges at the tribunal have to say.

sad.1

Re: 10 years and Entrepreneur visa

Post by sad.1 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:14 pm

penny1012 wrote:This is so unfair. If an applicant meets all the requirements, they should be allowed to stay,note that the reason for introducing the Points Based System in 2008 was to remove ‘subjectivity’ from applications. The policy makers are insane, they are making things difficult for non EU migrants. I personally think that they have a hidden agenda to reduce migrant numbers and we are the victims. My solicitors said the same to me when my visa was refused on 22nd March 2013, as I have been here for 9 years. Let's see what the judges at the tribunal have to say.
dear penny my visa got refused too but i am going to appeal did u already appeal have u got any hearing date yet?

penny1012

Post by penny1012 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Hi @ sad.1, I appealed on 28th March, paid tribunal fees on 19th April, still waiting for hearing date.

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Fri May 10, 2013 7:04 pm

well that is very sad to hear as i only need six months to complete my ten years and i was thinking to apply through this route dont know what to do now :( after hearing that....

please advise what other options do i have?

Regards
Max

Nzekells

Post by Nzekells » Tue May 14, 2013 10:24 pm

There is nothing that stops a person from hitting Long Residency through T1E. The law is there. Do what you are supposed to do and there is no way they'd fault you. The HO knows some ppl are in a good position to apply thru LR. But they can't do anything about it, that's even if they want to.
Opinion is researchedly mine!

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Tue May 14, 2013 11:01 pm

RizKCB wrote:It depends on case worker how he/she consider the case. In case of 7+ years in UK, the refusal is on following logic:

The first assessment period of Entrepreneur visa is at least after 3 years which shows your business performance/progress along with at least 2 jobs for settled persons. But before that assessment time your 10 years in UK comes to end and you apply for ILR on long residency base. So there would not be any logical way for HO to assess you under Entrepreneur visa. On this probability some Case Workers conclude that applicant's intention is to complete 10 years rather than to effectively establish the business.

Though it is presentable in court but critical for someone who has already spent 7+ years of life in UK.

In my opinion if somebody has any other opportunity to complete 10 years then go for that rather than to putting herself at risk after 7+ years.

agreed because true intention for the proposed leave to remain is must to be proved and difficult for 7+ to prove that they are genuinely seeking leave to remain to carry out the planned business and to keep it up in the future rather than to complete the 10 years.However,arguable in courts.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

Nzekells

Post by Nzekells » Thu May 16, 2013 11:13 am

The need to decipher 'True intention' has always been the fundamental of any immigration vetting process. But under the point-based system, true intention cannot just be understood on the balance of probabilities. The PBS is built on a system of point accumulation. Once achieved, one is allowed in. That is also why once one misses a point, discretion is rarely used. One is refused immediately.
T1E is point based. Just as one wouldn't be refused a Tier 4 visa just because he has a relative living in the UK (for fear he wouldn't return after studies), an accumulation of 7+ yrs in the UK does not prepare one for T1E refusal. While a nasty case worker might want to subject such application to extra scrutiny (just as is done to many other applications), there is no place in immigration law to justify and as such, legalise such.
Care should be taken against subjecting forum members to unnecessary and ill-informed panic. Maxwake and any other lucky person should thankfully proceed and apply. Take advantage of the opportunity. Just ensure you garner every required point. Bless thee.
Opinion is researchedly mine!

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Sat May 18, 2013 8:58 am

[quote="Nzekells"]The need to decipher 'True intention' ........

I appreciate your encouragement. Legally, there is nothing to prevent someone from making an appeal or further application and it is indeed an unwise to suggest contrary. However, where there is an immigration law in place, there the UKBA has been in practice to apply their minds first. More than dozen of cases the Immigration Tribunal has set aside the decision of removal direction under section 47 as unlawful, but still ukba is in practice. And I have suggested in my earlier post that ,"however, arguable in courts" where an applicant is required to prove his claimed points not the true intention,but the true intention itself is built on the requirements having been met.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat May 18, 2013 2:54 pm

As long as the application fulfill criteria and requirements it should be fine.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Thu May 23, 2013 9:33 pm

thanks Guys for all your help cheers

Imran14

Post by Imran14 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:42 pm

It has hit me again to think that Long residency and visa application eventually has an impact looking at Rehan's case. Iam woried because iam in the same boat and i think i have to try go other way around ........

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:33 pm

it will be pretty immature to link T1E visa with long residency because there are many ppl(i knew them) who are in this country for more than 8y and successfully T1E visa.

if ur application satisfy case work then why he will refuse ur visa?

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:29 pm

its not true at all,,, if you case is strong and genuine, you will get it.

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:20 pm

I am going to apply T1E let see what happends

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:28 pm

I think it got nothing to do with long residency ....... But again it's upto individual case worker how they look into it and decide accordingly ...... As my refusal was entirely case worker discretion not a single point is related to documents ..... Submitted appeal today so let c what happen

Regards

aziz1053

Post by aziz1053 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:25 am

PLease write down 1 letter to Ukba why you think Like that ? & in appeaL you can ask them & teLL them what's the proof that money wiLL not be invested ?