ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner of 10yrs Settlement - Please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

happysnappy
Newly Registered

Partner of 10yrs Settlement - Please help

Post by happysnappy » Thu May 09, 2013 10:14 pm

Hi all,

i'm new here. would like to ask advice for my case.

I was originally granted student dependent in 2007, then moved to psw dependent in 2011.

my husband sent out his ILR(10 years rules, he was PSW previously) application last September, and was not granted until 14th of April this Year.

Due to the new rules taking effect on 6th of April, I decided to send my application of Partner of a settled person on 5th of April, using FLR(M) and cheque of £651 (old scheme before 06/04/13)

I received my passport and approval letter last week, but not the ID card due to the bank holiday. On the letter, it says I'm granted for 30month leave to remain which looks like they applied the new probationary rules (3+2 years) on me. However, I thought my case should apply to the old transitional rules (2 years).

Is there any suggestions or ideas from you guys? Do you think I can write to the case worker to ask him to reconsider? I'd really appreciate your help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 10, 2013 12:22 am

Yes. Ask for a reconsideration, based on the transitional provisions > 3.4.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Partner of 10yrs Settlement - Please help

Post by Amber » Fri May 10, 2013 12:40 am

happysnappy wrote:Hi all,

i'm new here. would like to ask advice for my case.

I was originally granted student dependent in 2007, then moved to psw dependent in 2011.

my husband sent out his ILR(10 years rules, he was PSW previously) application last September, and was not granted until 14th of April this Year.

Due to the new rules taking effect on 6th of April, I decided to send my application of Partner of a settled person on 5th of April, using FLR(M) and cheque of £651 (old scheme before 06/04/13)

I received my passport and approval letter last week, but not the ID card due to the bank holiday. On the letter, it says I'm granted for 30month leave to remain which looks like they applied the new probationary rules (3+2 years) on me. However, I thought my case should apply to the old transitional rules (2 years).

Is there any suggestions or ideas from you guys? Do you think I can write to the case worker to ask him to reconsider? I'd really appreciate your help.
Wait until you get your BRP to see what duration the visa is then if incorrect ask the ukba to reconsider.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.