ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entrepreneur Extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amjadsiddiqui
Newly Registered

Entrepreneur Extension

Post by amjadsiddiqui » Fri May 10, 2013 8:29 am

Dear members,
Please help
My extension is due next year but the problem is, i have taken over a running business in which i inherited employees, how can i just get rid of them and hire new employees for visa? Pease advise

Second, it says i have to invest, but what if i have invested into a business with a loan? I mean i am the one who is paying off the loan on monthly basis, then why ukba could have any issues on this?
Please advise this in details.....

Thanks
Jad

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Entrepreneur Extension

Post by Lucapooka » Fri May 10, 2013 10:22 am

amjadsiddiqui wrote: My extension is due next year but the problem is, i have taken over a running business in which i inherited employees, how can i just get rid of them and hire new employees for visa? Pease advise
Think of new as additional or extra (as per the guidance):-

83.Where you have taken over or invested in an existing business, your services and investment must have resulted in the businesses providing, between them, the equivalent of two extra full-time jobs during the period when you held leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant

You can't simply fire 2 and hire 2 others in replacement; and to suggest this is absurd. If the business had, say, 2 employees when you joined, it must have 4 (or two more) when you extend. If one of the original workers left during the first three years, you would then have to hire 3 to keep the total of 4 (being two more than the original workforce before your arrival).

Read the guidance for information on director's loans (or talk to your accountant if that is not clear to you).

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:06 pm

Agreed with Lucapoca.

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:40 pm

Will be an interesting situation if a Tier 1 Entp gets a personal loan from financial institution and then invest that money in to his company/business.

Will it be counted as investment ?

@ Lucapooka
Can you share your opinion on the following situation.

If a newly incorporated limited company buys a running franchise business and retains the employees then whether this will count as new employment?
remember now the employees will be working in same franchise but with a new company.
Always help others..... it always come back to you.
Even if i know the answer ... i have this habit of confirming from others..