ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gap between two employments

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imrantak
Newly Registered

Gap between two employments

Post by imrantak » Fri May 10, 2013 3:52 pm

Dear Experts

My continuous period in UK starts from Jan 2009. (Tier 2 Intra compnay transfer)

> I moved to Tier 1 General in December 2009.
> I left my job in March 2010 and went to India for around 40 days.
> I came back in April and got a new job in Oct 2010.

I am with the same employer since then.

I will complete my 5 year duration in Jan 2014 which means I can apply for ILR in Dec 2013.

But I am confused about the new ruling about the absence between two employments.

===============================
Where an applicant’s continuous residence period includes time spent as a Tier 2 Migrant or a work permit holder, annual leave includes a short holiday taken on conclusion of employment, where the applicant applied to work for a new employer within 60 days of the conclusion of the previous employment (see link on left: Breaks in the continuous lawful period).
===============================

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sat May 11, 2013 8:09 am

The break in employment doesn't apply to tier 1. U were on on tier 1 when u had a break hence u r fine!
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.