ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

firas1990

EEA2

Post by firas1990 » Fri May 10, 2013 4:43 pm

Hey there,

I would like to notify you that i got my EEA FP and all was so fine. I just have few questions about the next steps which I am going to pass through.

Let me first clarify for you that I already have an idea about the steps I need to follow (applying for Residence permit and so).What should I do to Qualify for the labor market in the UK? You know the process of the residence permit may take several time (3 to 6 months) so I really don t like to stay jobless during that period. I tried to look for a way in which I can prove for the UK employers that I am eligible to work in UK but I did not find the right answer yet. Some says that before I apply for Residence Permit I can apply for National Insurance number in job center office. But that seems not logical for me coz normally they won t issue me NI if my status in the UK not clear ( I mean I have 6 months of initial stay). So is that true i am able to apply for NI? And is the NI can replace the work permit /residence permit as proof of work eligibility? Hopefully I did explain well my enquiry.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Kind regards

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 10, 2013 10:03 pm

Apply for residence card, you will get a letter confirming right to work (COA).

firas1990

Post by firas1990 » Sat May 11, 2013 12:23 pm

Thank you so much for your reply.I got my EEA FP as the spouse of the EEA National who is exercising her treaty rights in Uk(employed). So when i apply for an Residence card shall i mention for them a covering letter that i intend to work therefore they may mention in the COA that i am elegible to work in UK? cause many of the employers in UK are not aware about what it is the EEA FP so then they require a work permit or so i worry that they send me the COA letter without mentioning that i am qualifed to work nd so.. :roll:

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat May 11, 2013 1:32 pm

1. The EEA FP allows you to work and I believe employers are familiar with this visa. The only concern some of them might have is the short validity of it (even though your rights don't expire but your proof of it does).

2. If you apply as a married, the CoA would state you can work. You don't need to ask for it to state that. If you wife is already working in the UK, you can apply for a Residence Card the day you land in the UK. You don't need to wait.

firas1990

Post by firas1990 » Sat May 11, 2013 3:34 pm

Thank you Jambo for taking time to reply to my case. i would like to ask one final question: do you have any idea ,after how many weeks i could get the CoA?

Best regards

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat May 11, 2013 4:30 pm

To know the current timeline of EEA2 application and COA then just refer to thread called EEA2 APPLICATION TIMELINE.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat May 11, 2013 7:31 pm

firas1990 wrote:Thank you Jambo for taking time to reply to my case. i would like to ask one final question: do you have any idea ,after how many weeks i could get the CoA?

Best regards
The law says immediately, though in practice a couple of weeks.

firas1990

Post by firas1990 » Sat May 11, 2013 11:48 pm

ohh thats great,that means within a couple of weeks i will be able to provide a proof of my work elegibility to any of the UK employers .hopefully that will work .
Beautiful people,my EEA FP is valid from 17 april 2013 and expire in 17 october 2013 and my travel to the UK is scheduled in 18 may. so once i will be in the UK i will have lets say 5 months until the expiry date of my EEA FP.
I wonder if i apply for Residence Card and i will not get an answer during that 5 months what should i do? am i able to be over staying in the UK until my RC will be aproved? that won t coast for me some troubles with the border agency or so? i am just asking cause as you may have idea ,how the HO team r miss using the 6 months rules...
Hopefully i could get an accurate answer from you my dears.

Kind regards

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 12, 2013 9:37 am

You don't need to worry about family permit expiring. Apply for a residence card and you'll be fine.

rubencol88
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2

Post by rubencol88 » Sun May 19, 2013 2:53 pm

[quote="firas1990"]Hey there,

I would like to notify you that i got my EEA FP and all was so fine. I just have few questions about the next steps which I am going to pass through.

Let me first clarify for you that I already have an idea about the steps I need to follow (applying for Residence permit and so).What should I do to Qualify for the labor market in the UK? You know the process of the residence permit may take several time (3 to 6 months) so I really don t like to stay jobless during that period. I tried to look for a way in which I can prove for the UK employers that I am eligible to work in UK but I did not find the right answer yet. Some says that before I apply for Residence Permit I can apply for National Insurance number in job center office. But that seems not logical for me coz normally they won t issue me NI if my status in the UK not clear ( I mean I have 6 months of initial stay). So is that true i am able to apply for NI? And is the NI can replace the work permit /residence permit as proof of work eligibility? Hopefully I did explain well my enquiry.

i gonna tell you my personal experience. i haven't apply for the RC yet still with my family permit, and i got job in my 3rd week, and also I'm already got my NIN and the UTR, i got the job through an agency, and as a proof that I'm allowed to work in uk i gave them copies of my visa my wife's passport, and the rights and responsibilities you can find in the uk border agency website, (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... sibilites/) which explains the rights to work of eu nationals and also their non eu family members. im just highlight the paragraph which explained and send it. that worked for me, it might work for you as well, good luck