ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal time limit?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sad.1

Appeal time limit?

Post by sad.1 » Fri May 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Just a quick question when we received the decision for visa and the date on it
29 apr and we received it on 7th may with appeal form.

So when does our appeal days starts??on appeal form written 1/05/13.
I did heard appeal should be done with 10working days so I am not sure that does Saturday Sunday and bank holidays counts as well?

My lawyer said it doesn't count but I am not sure about what he is saying. Any expert advise please??

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Fri May 10, 2013 8:15 pm

It's the date which is written on the appeal form. So its 1st of May

sad.1

Post by sad.1 » Fri May 10, 2013 8:30 pm

therock wrote:It's the date which is written on the appeal form. So its 1st of May
Thanks therock but does Saturday Sunday Includes in this 10 days? Or we can only count Woking days which are Monday to Friday?

Babe
Newly Registered

Post by Babe » Sat May 11, 2013 12:43 am

The 10 days will be inclusive of weekends and bank holidays. For instance, If you were given 28 days, that will technically be a month and you wouldn't count that as 28 working days.

sad.1

Post by sad.1 » Sat May 11, 2013 2:13 am

Babe wrote:The 10 days will be inclusive of weekends and bank holidays. For instance, If you were given 28 days, that will technically be a month and you wouldn't count that as 28 working days.

I personally believe those 28 are different than appeal time so I would say that it won't count weekends so if it was then I missed the day 10 today. Which I believe I am not.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 11, 2013 3:11 am

The Immigration and Asylum Tribunal stated 10 working days for in-country non-detention appeals. However, 14 did not state that it was working days.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sad.1

Post by sad.1 » Sat May 11, 2013 4:26 am

vinny wrote:The Immigration and Asylum Tribunal stated 10 working days for in-country non-detention appeals. However, 14 did not state that it was working days.
Thanks for your reply but i just cant really understand it. Can u please reply in clear words.

Mr Legal

Re: Appeal time limit?

Post by Mr Legal » Sat May 11, 2013 6:45 am

sad.1 wrote:Just a quick question when we received the decision for visa and the date on it

I did heard appeal should be done with 10working days so I am not sure that does Saturday Sunday and bank holidays counts as well?

My lawyer said it doesn't count but I am not sure about what he is saying. Any expert advise please??
Appeal to Tribunal lies within 10 working days -means excluding of weekends and bank hols from the date you received the notice of decision from ukba.
UKba normally puts on notice of appeal the date of arrival with you but neither you or the tribunal are bound by this date of arrival if the delivery goes beyond its expected date and your appeal becomes an out of time appeal,the tribunal may consider the genuine reasons of delay for an extension of time to determine your appeal.

I think the above is clear to help you out of the confusion in the matter.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

sad.1

Post by sad.1 » Sat May 11, 2013 1:20 pm

thanks very much mr legal i appreciate your help for that i was also aware of but was really much confused about it we received it on 7th may but on the appeal letter date is 1st may.....so my appeal date starts from 7th may??
please confirm this for me so 10 days will starts from 7th may? or 1st may?

Appeal to Tribunal lies within 10 working days -means excluding of weekends and bank hols from the date you received the notice of decision from ukba.
UKba normally puts on notice of appeal the date of arrival with you but neither you or the tribunal are bound by this date of arrival if the delivery goes beyond its expected date and your appeal becomes an out of time appeal,the tribunal may consider the genuine reasons of delay for an extension of time to determine your appeal.

I think the above is clear to help you out of the confusion in the matter.[/quote]

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Sat May 11, 2013 1:59 pm

[quote="sad.1"]thanks very much mr legal i appreciate your help for that i was also aware of but was really much confused about it we received it on 7th may but on the appeal letter date is 1st may.....so my appeal date starts from 7th may??
please confirm this for me so 10 days will starts from 7th may? or 1st may?

If the postman has left you the card for your delivery,it must mention the date he left to you.You will need its copy to support your appeal by 7th May or if you don't have as such copy of the card,the envelop might bear the date in which you have received your docs.I think post office card or your envelop could evidence your collection by 7th may in the post office and similarly it may support your genuine reasons of any delay(if occurs).
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

sad.1

Post by sad.1 » Sat May 11, 2013 4:55 pm

If the postman has left you the card for your delivery,it must mention the date he left to you.You will need its copy to support your appeal by 7th May or if you don't have as such copy of the card,the envelop might bear the date in which you have received your docs.I think post office card or your envelop could evidence your collection by 7th may in the post office and similarly it may support your genuine reasons of any delay(if occurs).[/quote]

yes its my lawyer who received it and he actually stamped it when he received the decision letter....but i am not going to delay for appeal i am about to lodge the appeal by monday in sha Allah. thank you very much for your time.

nidaaqeel

Post by nidaaqeel » Tue May 14, 2013 1:33 am

sad.1 wrote:Just a quick question when we received the decision for visa and the date on it

i have the same problem and i am confused as well. in my case i have received refusal letter today (13/05/2013) but date on a letter is 7/05/2013. they have given me 10 working days time for appeal. my question is my 10 working days time starts from today on 13/05/2013 or it was already started on 7/05/2013. please its urgent so reply me fast.

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Tue May 14, 2013 2:54 am

nidaaqeel wrote:

i have the same problem and i am confused as well. in my case i have received refusal letter today (13/05/2013) but date on a letter is 7/05/2013. they have given me 10 working days time for appeal. my question is my 10 working days time starts from today on 13/05/2013 or it was already started on 7/05/2013. please its urgent so reply me fast.
10 working days from the date of receipt if you have the proof that you have received on 13th May instead of 07th May.

nidaaqeel

Post by nidaaqeel » Tue May 14, 2013 3:00 am

Mr Legal wrote:
nidaaqeel wrote:

10 working days from the date of receipt if you have the proof that you have received on 13th May instead of 07th May.
thanx mr legal