ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When should I expected our original documents from HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pdakwala
Newly Registered

When should I expected our original documents from HSMP

Post by pdakwala » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:50 pm

Hello HSMP Gurus

Some might think this question silly but still I will ask since I don't know the answer.

How long HSMP holds our original documents. Do they review it and send it back right away. Or UK HSMP department hold our original documents till the processing of our HSMP application is completed.

Pratik

raj

Post by raj » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:25 am

till the application process is complete.
no matter how thin u slice the cheese, it still has two sides....let's now try to view my from side....
------------------------RAJ------------------------------

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:22 am

If your application is successful they will send you the decision letter along with the original documents. If they need additional documents they will retain it for the time period mentioned in your additional info letter. If you send the additional docs they will analyse it and send the decision letter along with docs.

Now a days application processing is taking 18 months, in future it may increase a bit more.

ajilani

18 months

Post by ajilani » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:03 am

Raoms,

Not 18 months, it should be 18 weeks. Check it out.

Azher.

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:08 am

yes its typo error :!: its 18 weeks not months...

neo__x

Re: hi

Post by neo__x » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:40 am

raoms wrote:If your application is successful they will send you the decision letter along with the original documents. If they need additional documents they will retain it for the time period mentioned in your additional info letter. If you send the additional docs they will analyse it and send the decision letter along with docs.

Now a days application processing is taking 18 months, in future it may increase a bit more.
Raoms - they do not send you the decision letter straight away - they send you the originals back, minus your passports. The passports are then stamped with the result, and are sent with the decision letter.

If the decision taken by HSMP is positive, they stamp the visa - otherwise, they just put a line across your workpermit so that every time you come into the country, the immigration give you a lot of grief :evil:

astro

Post by astro » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:58 am

the way things are going it could be 18 months soon!!!
hee hee :-)

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:11 am

neo_x,
what you said is only applicable for the in-country applicants. Out of country applicants do not submit passports, for them EC is required. During EC we(out-country) got to submit the passport. For in-country , I guess EC is done immediately after the processing. By the way did you get your visa stamped ?

neo__x

Post by neo__x » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:49 pm

oh - ok then :)

naah - the in-country team are holding up my passports now :(