ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is an EEA1 RC necessary for my EEA national spouse?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alokshah
Newly Registered

Is an EEA1 RC necessary for my EEA national spouse?

Post by alokshah » Mon May 13, 2013 11:16 am

Hi, This is my scenario:

I am on a PSW work Visa and I am getting married to my girlfriend soon. I am going to extend my stay in the UK by applying for an EAA2 residence card as my girlfriend is exercising EU Treaty rights by working in the UK.

My question is :

Does she need to apply for an EEA1 residence certificate?
The EEA1 form says : Please note it is not mandatory to complete this application form. However it will assist in dealing with your application more efficiently if this form is used. DUH !!

Thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 13, 2013 11:24 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon May 13, 2013 11:47 am

Have you checked the FAQ before posting?

See Q1 in EEA FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - Residence Card.

alokshah
Newly Registered

Post by alokshah » Mon May 13, 2013 11:49 am

Thanks a lot, just needed a confirmation.

One more question if I may:

Can i apply for the EEA2 RC after my PSW visa expires so long as I am married before the visa expires? Just out of curiosity as the EEA2 guidance notes state: There is no legal requirement for non-EEA or non-Swiss national direct family members of EEA or Swiss nationals who are exercising Treaty rights in the UK to obtain a residence card to confirm their right of
residence in the UK. Any such non-EEA or non-Swiss national applying for a residence card does so on an entirely voluntary basis...

Thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon May 13, 2013 12:03 pm

alokshah wrote:Thanks a lot, just needed a confirmation.

Can i apply for the EEA2 RC after my PSW visa expires so long as I am married before the visa expires? Just out of curiosity as the EEA2 guidance notes state: There is no legal requirement for non-EEA or non-Swiss national direct family members of EEA or Swiss nationals who are exercising Treaty rights in the UK to obtain a residence card to confirm their right of
residence in the UK. Any such non-EEA or non-Swiss national applying for a residence card does so on an entirely voluntary basis...

Thanks.
You can apply any time you wish as this is just a confirmation of your status which is obtained automatically once you are married (assuming your future wife exercise her treaty rights). It is just a question of convenience (convincing employers, travelling etc without having one).

alokshah
Newly Registered

Post by alokshah » Mon May 13, 2013 12:10 pm

Jambo wrote:
alokshah wrote:Thanks a lot, just needed a confirmation.

Thanks.
You can apply any time you wish as this is just a confirmation of your status which is obtained automatically once you are married (assuming your future wife exercise her treaty rights). It is just a question of convenience (convincing employers, travelling etc without having one).

Thanks a lot. Great Help with references ! perfect!