ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

immigration control (spouse visa)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nosah

immigration control (spouse visa)

Post by nosah » Mon May 13, 2013 2:18 pm

hi

i need your help please i have seen a question in here about subject to immigration control and i wonder does this apply to my husband as he has spouse visa or not? because we applied for working tax credit and we answered yes for this question and i am confused now as in the form someone said no but i have read this in HM revenue website:

What is 'immigration control'?
You are subject to 'immigration control' if any of the following apply:
the Home Office gives you permission to stay in the UK (known as ‘leave to enter or remain’) - but this permission is given to you on the grounds that you don't claim certain benefits, tax credits or housing help paid by the UK government (known as ‘no recourse to public funds’)
you need permission to stay in the UK - again known as ‘leave to enter or remain’ - but you don't have it
you have been refused permission to stay in the UK - but you have appealed against that decision and your appeal hasn’t been decided yet
you have been given permission to stay in the UK - but on the condition that someone else, like a friend, employer or relative (often called your 'sponsor'), supports you
I will always love you habiby

Applied for spouse visa 30 May
Ready for collection 16 Aug
Visa stamped 15 Aug

Thanks God

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: immigration control (spouse visa)

Post by Amber » Mon May 13, 2013 3:26 pm

nosah wrote:hi

i need your help please i have seen a question in here about subject to immigration control and i wonder does this apply to my husband as he has spouse visa or not? because we applied for working tax credit and we answered yes for this question and i am confused now as in the form someone said no but i have read this in HM revenue website:

What is 'immigration control'?
You are subject to 'immigration control' if any of the following apply:
the Home Office gives you permission to stay in the UK (known as ‘leave to enter or remain’) - but this permission is given to you on the grounds that you don't claim certain benefits, tax credits or housing help paid by the UK government (known as ‘no recourse to public funds’)
you need permission to stay in the UK - again known as ‘leave to enter or remain’ - but you don't have it
you have been refused permission to stay in the UK - but you have appealed against that decision and your appeal hasn’t been decided yet
you have been given permission to stay in the UK - but on the condition that someone else, like a friend, employer or relative (often called your 'sponsor'), supports you
I assume that you are settled or a British Citizen and that you husband is on a spouse visa/FLR(m)? If so then you make a joint application for tax credits and that will be allowed and he will not be breaching his immigration restriction. And yes if you are on a spouse visa you are subject to immigration control.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.