ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial Requirement Cat A or B?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ijamesf

Financial Requirement Cat A or B?

Post by ijamesf » Mon May 13, 2013 2:36 pm

Hi there,

Recently submitted an application form and i ticked 3A Cat B.

I have been with my current employer for 7 years, but 1 month before application my pay was raised, and i am therefore reliant upon this new value as opposed to the older lesser value. The lesser value was still above 18600 but because i wasnt now reliant on the lesser value i ticked cat B

Would UKBA worry too much if i got cat A or B wrong? I have supplied 13 months of wage slips, bank statements and the pay increase letter on top of all the other requirements.

Do you think they look at the whole package or are they just a "Computer says no" type attitude and just refuse it on that basis?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Financial Requirement Cat A or B?

Post by Amber » Mon May 13, 2013 3:19 pm

ijamesf wrote:Hi there,

I have been with my current employer for 7 years, but 1 month before application my pay was raised, and i am therefore reliant upon this new value as opposed to the older lesser value. The lesser value was still above 18600 but because i wasnt now reliant on the lesser value i ticked cat B

Would UKBA worry too much if i got cat A or B wrong? I have supplied 13 months of wage slips, bank statements and the pay increase letter on top of all the other requirements.

Do you think they look at the whole package or are they just a "Computer says no" type attitude and just refuse it on that basis?
It should be based on your lowest wage slip in the last 6 months. As long as that meets the financial requirement you should be fine.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ijamesf

Post by ijamesf » Mon May 13, 2013 4:18 pm

In that case i hope they can overlook this as the application is already submitted under 3A Cat B because my current salary is not as it has been over the last 6 months, although the employer has stayed the same.

Below are my answer within Appendix 2 of the VAF4 form

3.11 What is your sponsor’s annual income from this employment before tax?
I added in the new higher salary as this is what it is currently and at this point does not ask how long they have been at this level.

3.12 Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above,
continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)

I said NO as i had been earning a lesser amount previously

3.13 Has your sponsor had other salaried employment, in the UK, in the 12 months prior to the date of application?
(Category B) Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

I also said NO, it then asks you to go to 3.20

3.20 What was your sponsor’s total income (before tax) from salaried employment in the 12
months prior to the application?

I then put in the lesser amount in here

As it was the Cat B question that direct me to 3.20 i ticked Cat B.

All wage slips, bank statements back up the above, im just worrying about it now. I wasnt aware of this forum ahead of the application process :-(

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon May 13, 2013 4:31 pm

ijamesf wrote:In that case i hope they can overlook this as the application is already submitted under 3A Cat B because my current salary is not as it has been over the last 6 months, although the employer has stayed the same.

Below are my answer within Appendix 2 of the VAF4 form

3.11 What is your sponsor’s annual income from this employment before tax?
I added in the new higher salary as this is what it is currently and at this point does not ask how long they have been at this level.

3.12 Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above,
continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)

I said NO as i had been earning a lesser amount previously

3.13 Has your sponsor had other salaried employment, in the UK, in the 12 months prior to the date of application?
(Category B) Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

I also said NO, it then asks you to go to 3.20

3.20 What was your sponsor’s total income (before tax) from salaried employment in the 12
months prior to the application?

I then put in the lesser amount in here

As it was the Cat B question that direct me to 3.20 i ticked Cat B.

All wage slips, bank statements back up the above, im just worrying about it now. I wasnt aware of this forum ahead of the application process :-(
You seem to have contradicted yourself. However, if you meet the financial requirement under either category then there does not appear to be a major issue. I would wait and see what the decision is before you start to worry.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ijamesf

Post by ijamesf » Mon May 13, 2013 4:45 pm

Yes it appears that way, but given my circumstances there didnt appear to be another option. Hopefully not a major issue, our doc's pack was very well put together and had to pay additional courier fee for the weight of it!

I wanted to add the higher salary within the form as it obviously looks better and thought it may help the application.

In hindsight maybe we should have just added some description into the additional information section and referred the ECO to the letter within the supportting doc's pack.

Difficult not to worry though as im sure you can imagine :-(

Many thanks for your fast responses, greatly appreciated.

tak1986
Newly Registered

Re: Financial Requirement Cat A or B?

Post by tak1986 » Tue May 14, 2013 11:03 pm

D4109125 wrote:
ijamesf wrote:Hi there,

It should be based on your lowest wage slip in the last 6 months. As long as that meets the financial requirement you should be fine.
I have the same question as well, as i am about to fill one of those.

I have recently got a pay rise, both old and new will meet their financial requirement. I was thinking Category A is more suitable? or B?

anyway, as long as the employment can proof it is meeting the financial requirement, i dont think op needs to worry too much.