ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa (applying from India) - Rental Agreement?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MagicMovies
India

Dependent Visa (applying from India) - Rental Agreement?

Post by MagicMovies » Mon May 13, 2013 4:08 pm

Hi,

My wife is going to be applying for a dependent visa from India (Chennai). I am currently on Tier 1 General with a validity until 13 May, 2014. Do we need to provide a copy of the rental agreement as part of the application?

I looked up both Dependent's Policy and ImmigrationBoards own sticky post but could not find any. All of my friends have submitted these and insist on submitting one if available.

Any advice on this would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

aju2012

Post by aju2012 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi,

You need to prove arranged accommodation for your dependents, If you visit WH Smith near you, you can find ready made agreement for 10 £ even I submitted this one.

Aju

ram80
United Kingdom

Post by ram80 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:40 pm

I submitted a rent agreement too... it's good to submit it as the visa officer will be assured your spouse has somewhere to stay. They may want to ensure dependents will be adequately housed without the need for applying for council housing.
This post does not contain legal advice.

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Fri May 24, 2013 11:13 pm

Dont worry about it, the UKBA case work would only look at the policy guideline. And in the police guidelines rent agreement is not listed as a mandate document.

As long as you have got your documents in order as per the guidelines, your dependent would get the visa easily.

P.S: I also submitted the documents (as mentioned in the policy guideline) without the rent agreement at the Chennai office and within 15 days I got the visa for wife.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

londonuk9
England

Post by londonuk9 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:17 pm

dear scorpio_besal

from where do you see list of documents in UKBa webiste for tier 1 dep from outside UK????

Please guide me.

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:14 pm

Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.