ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa with dependents remaining abroad

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cooperman123

spouse visa with dependents remaining abroad

Post by cooperman123 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:10 pm

Can someone help me. I have a colombian wife and I am applying for a uk spouse visa for her to join me here in the UK. She has 2 dependent children but they do not live with her. They live with their father. She pays about £70 a month towards their costs.
We are not applying for the children to join us here. They are remaining in colombia with their father. Maybe next year the daughter will come to stay with us but we are not sure

On the visa app it asks where they will stay(if not coming to the uk)
But what evidence do we need to supply(if any). For example do we need evidence where they will stay, or who will take care of them or how much she needs to continue to pay towards their expenses even though she wil settle in the uk with me?

At the moment there is little evidence of anything.
Like I said, there are no immediate plans for her children to come to settle with us. Maybe next year the daughter might. Can anyone help

The rules dont ask for us to provide anything which usually means we dont but need to check