ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

absence letter for the last job

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mani2013

absence letter for the last job

Post by mani2013 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:40 pm

dear member,
I am applying for my ILR in solihull next month. I was on work permit for first 2 years and changed to tier 1. In 2009 and 2010, in my WP period, I had 2 and 3 weeks leave for trips to india. When i contacted my last employer for my absence, there is no response. please guide me about what i should do? do i wait until i get this letter for applying or proceed with my PEO appointment?

Your suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

pegakrishna

Re: absence letter for the last job

Post by pegakrishna » Tue May 14, 2013 10:31 am

mani2013 wrote:dear member,
I am applying for my ILR in solihull next month. I was on work permit for first 2 years and changed to tier 1. In 2009 and 2010, in my WP period, I had 2 and 3 weeks leave for trips to india. When i contacted my last employer for my absence, there is no response. please guide me about what i should do? do i wait until i get this letter for applying or proceed with my PEO appointment?

Do not worry. Prepare a self declaration letter to cover your absences for last 5 years and carry additional supporting docs like payslips and bank statements to prove you were employed at that time.(if UKBA asked)

Aditionally,carry email printouts sent to your previous employer to prove that you tried to reach them but they have not responded back to you.

I have seen some of the ILR success threads,UKBA CW didn't even ask any absences letters at all.

mani2013

Post by mani2013 » Tue May 14, 2013 1:38 pm

Thank you for your reply pegakrishna. Will do that.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue May 14, 2013 3:17 pm

pegakrishna wrote:
mani2013 wrote:dear member,

Do not worry. Prepare a self declaration letter to cover your absences for last 5 years and carry additional supporting docs like payslips and bank statements to prove you were employed at that time.(if UKBA asked)

Aditionally,carry email printouts sent to your previous employer to prove that you tried to reach them but they have not responded back to you.

I have seen some of the ILR success threads,UKBA CW didn't even ask any absences letters at all.
Carry the P 60s too of your previous Employer as an additional proof. CW at Solihull did ask Me for the absence letter.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

mani2013

Post by mani2013 » Sun May 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Carry the P 60s too of your previous Employer as an additional proof. CW at Solihull did ask Me for the absence letter.[/quote]

thank you kevin.