ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Holder - Travelling Abroad For Holiday

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charlotterahman

Spouse Visa Holder - Travelling Abroad For Holiday

Post by charlotterahman » Tue May 14, 2013 1:36 am

Hi, my husband currently has a 2 year uk spouse visa. We are both going to Spain in July. Does he need to apply for a Spanish Tourist Visa/Schengen Visa, or does he not need a visa? I'm really confused if he needs a visa or not for a 1 weeks holiday because i'm getting lots of different answers from people. The Spanish Embassy is very unhelpful and are hard to understand over the phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My husband has been in the UK for nearly a year, his spouse visa expires in August 2014.
Thank You :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:34 am

it would help if you stated his nationality. if nationals from his country usually need a schengen visa to travel to europe, then yes, he will need to apply for one before you travel on holiday.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

charlotterahman

Post by charlotterahman » Tue May 14, 2013 9:16 pm

He is from Bangladesh.

psb

Post by psb » Wed May 15, 2013 8:09 pm

He needs a Schengen visa.