ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby British Passport From India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kumarw399
Newly Registered

Baby British Passport From India

Post by kumarw399 » Tue May 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi All,
Need some advise on my query...
We have got ILR and my baby born in before we got ILR then we applied for MN1 registration in UK and we received certificate now, but due to emergency we took Indian passport for my baby and traveled to india 2 weeks ago.
Now We need to apply British passport for my baby from India using Form C2... Please suggest what are the documents we need to submit with it , do I need to send mine and my wife's original passports with ILR BRP cards or just photo copies, this is totally confusing as in the form they asking for parents birth certificates, Can please some one suggest the check list..

I am in UK now and my baby and my wife are in India

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri May 17, 2013 9:40 pm

The child is British and he has a Registration Certificate to prove it. There is no need for any documents from the parents.

ugg-07
Newly Registered

Child's first British Passport, can we apply from India ?

Post by ugg-07 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:20 pm

Hi There,

I have got a similar situation, I would really appreciate if you can help in my query:

I have applied for Registration of my child Form MN1 [Section 3(1) as she was born in India] through NCS, it is under process yet and for some family reason my wife with chil may have to travel to India for 2-3months, I will be here to receive Certificate here, but Can we apply her first British Passport in India, if I will send this certificate to India or Child needs to be here in UK for first passport application ?

Can child have interview for first British passport ?

I will really appreciate your help in this matter.

GG

ugg-07
Newly Registered

What is the status of child's citizenship ? if born outside

Post by ugg-07 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi There,

I would really appreciate if someone can help in this query.

I am applying for OCI [ dual citizenship of India ] as I have got my British Citizenship [ My wife got ILR 25.07.2011,but still retain Indian citizenship ] After I will got OCI, if we have a baby to be born in India, what citizenship would that child aquire by birth?

Regards
GG

eashkuma4
India

Citizenship

Post by eashkuma4 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:21 am

Hi There,

If your child is born in India while you are a British Citizenship and having Valid Visa/OCI/PIO and your wife is Indian

Then the child is Born Indian Citizen and eligible for Indian Passport.

You have a option, you can take Indian Passport and apply for Right of abode Visa as your child is born after you parents are settled.

Henceforth, ILR visa is not given and the child is eligble for Right of Abode Visa, it is basically a kind of Visa for British Citizenss who dont have british passport

ugg-07
Newly Registered

Post by ugg-07 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:12 pm

Thanks for your reply

GG