ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

any approvals without payslips?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

melimango

any approvals without payslips?

Post by melimango » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:43 pm

Hi,

I apologize for cluttering up the board as I have already asked for advice on my personal situation, but I am wondering if anyone has an idea about past success on getting approval without payslips. I called HO and the man on the phone said it would be up to the caseworker if providing tax forms and bank statements is sufficient.

I did not save my pay slips (except for the final one which shows the cumulative amount) and my company can't print new ones. I worked at two companies in the claim period, one I can't get in contact with and the other one I'm going to have write a letter saying they can't reprint.

So, anyone know of anyone who submitted an application without payslips?

lysergik
Newly Registered

Post by lysergik » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:20 am

I couldn't get my payslips stamped (due to no company stamp) so tried to send in my tax return and a letter from my employer. They refused to accept the letter as evidence and refused the application.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:58 am

Hi lysergik,

were these original payslips (OR) online printouts?

melimango

Post by melimango » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:13 pm

lysergik, did they say why they did not accept the letter? Was there something wrong with the letter specifically, or were they rejecting because you didn't have payslips? Did you send a letter from your employer stating they didn't have a company stamp?

lysergik
Newly Registered

Post by lysergik » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:48 am

Webhunter: The company I work for prints its payslips on a regular inkjet printer on plain A4 paper.

Melimango: No there was nothing wrong with the letter. The exact text on the refusal on my request for reconsideration was:

You stated an income of $XXXXX.

You have supplied the two pieces of required evidence to support this in the form of your latest tax return and 12 months wage slips. However we were unable to consider your wage slips as they were on plain A4 paper and as per HSMP guidance are required to be endorsed with your employer's signature and an official stamp bearing the company name.

We note that you claimed exceptional circumstances due to your company not possessing a company stamp but this was not considered an acceptable reason. Therefore we were unable to consider the alternative evidence submitted in the form of a letter from your employer confirming your salary.

In line with the published guidance, no points have been awarded.

melimango

Post by melimango » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:54 am

wow, that's pretty unfair.
I really hope they accept my bank statements as it's impossible for me to get the pay slips.

lysergik
Newly Registered

Post by lysergik » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:55 am

melimango wrote:wow, that's pretty unfair.
I really hope they accept my bank statements as it's impossible for me to get the pay slips.
Yeah, tell me about it... but thats the kind of system we are dealing with.

They will take your money and if they can invent any possible reason to fault you whatsoever, they will.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:42 am

lysergik wrote:
melimango wrote:wow, that's pretty unfair.
Yeah, tell me about it... but thats the kind of system we are dealing with.

They will take your money and if they can invent any possible reason to fault you whatsoever, they will.
Guys, do not lose your hearts. Try to find out the wage slips from employer, fight with the employer and get it.

bob30
Newly Registered

Post by bob30 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:20 pm

lysergik, about the alternative evidence you provided in the form of letter from employer confirming your salary: did the letter just mentioned your annual salary or did it have details such as total gross and net amount paid by the company for the earning period you are claiming points for?

lysergik
Newly Registered

Post by lysergik » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:29 am

bob30 wrote:lysergik, about the alternative evidence you provided in the form of letter from employer confirming your salary: did the letter just mentioned your annual salary or did it have details such as total gross and net amount paid by the company for the earning period you are claiming points for?
It outlined my job title, gross annual salary and stated that I had been paid it for the full twelve month period. Was printed on company letterhead. The letter itself was fine, they just refused to even consider it.

bob30
Newly Registered

Post by bob30 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:41 am

so , since one of the evidences (payslips) was not acceptable (no stamps/signatures), the other (valid) evidence (letter from company) was not considered, as they need 2 pieces of evidence to award points.

lysergik
Newly Registered

Post by lysergik » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:01 am

bob30 wrote:so , since one of the evidences (payslips) was not acceptable (no stamps/signatures), the other (valid) evidence (letter from company) was not considered, as they need 2 pieces of evidence to award points.
No. The letter was not considered becuase they say that a company not having a company stamp is not an acceptable reason for your payslips not to be stamped.

My tax return, a letter from the tax department and a letter from my employer were also enclosed after all....

bob30
Newly Registered

Post by bob30 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:57 pm

this is a grossly unfair case.
are u applying for a review? I am sure, this is a strong review candidate.
with a proper explanatory note, i am sure it has a high chance of a positive consideration when it goes to a new caseworker.
infact in your first application , you shouldnt have included your payslips at all when u sought exceptional consideration (of course it wouldnt have helped much, but just a little cleaner).

bruce3000
Newly Registered

payslips

Post by bruce3000 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:32 pm

I am in a very similar case.

I am about to apply for my HSMP

I have printed out payslips that have been signed dated and designated by the employer who inisists that there is no company stamp.

I have a letter from the employer confirming the gross amount earned for the period and corresponding bank statements.

This post has really worried me I am about to submit my application and don't know what to do.

SHould I get a letter to confirm that the compnay has not official stamp

can someone please help?

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:36 pm

Hi Bruce,

It is really unfortunate that your company does'nt have a stamp. As you can see from the posts above, not having a company stamp (wheter you say it, or your company says it in the form of a letter) is not considered as an exceptional circumstance and hence one case was already rejected.

You can risk it, and test your luck. But it is highly likely that the end result might be the same. Alternatively, just try to get a stamp from your company. Tell them, you will buy them a stamp with your own expense.

lysergik
Newly Registered

Post by lysergik » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:56 am

bob30 wrote:this is a grossly unfair case.
are u applying for a review? I am sure, this is a strong review candidate.
with a proper explanatory note, i am sure it has a high chance of a positive consideration when it goes to a new caseworker.
infact in your first application , you shouldnt have included your payslips at all when u sought exceptional consideration (of course it wouldnt have helped much, but just a little cleaner).
That was the result of the review. :(

Pokie
Newly Registered

Post by Pokie » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:31 pm

My partner is in a similar position to Lysergik in that his application was rejected due to 0 points being awarded for Previous Earnings.

"The pay slips you supplied are not acceptable because they are not original and in this form would require stamping and signing by the employer".

"Your stated an income of $xx earned in Australia - Band A, this is comparable to GBP $xx".

He is organising the pay slips to be stamped/signed and plans to submit a fresh application. The problem is that the GBP $ in the rejection letter has been incorrectly calculated. Based on the exchange rate that the HO has used he will not have sufficient points to qualify.

The exchange rate used in the calculation was approximately 0.354 which is well below the rate of 0.401 as published on www.oanda.com at the date of the last payslip.

Does anyone have any experience with obtaining further information about rejected applications based on what appears to be incorrect calculations? The only approach that I can see is to submit a request to review. However this is likely to be rejected and take longer than a new application to process.

Thanks

melimango

Post by melimango » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:45 am

not sure if it helps, but in my rejection later they miscalculated my salary (which wasn't the reason for rejection) and when i sent it in for review the review rejection letter stated a different income and noted it had been incorrectly calculated the first time.

Pokie
Newly Registered

Post by Pokie » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:59 am

Thanks Melimango for your comments and details of your case. Were you able to sort out your bank statements? If you have original bank statements on letterhead issued by the bank, do these have to be stamped and signed? (wasn't listed as a problem in the rejection letter but we don't want to take any risks with the fresh application).

Another question for the forum ... when you submit a fresh application should you make any reference to the original rejected application or assume that the caseworker will look only at the evidence as submitted in the current application?

melimango

Post by melimango » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:23 pm

I have yet to reapply because I'm waiting on one document from my bank, but am quite nervous about doing so, as the reason I'm using bank statements is because I don't have my pay slips and my employer can't make new ones. I don't know if they will buy that as a "exceptional consideration."
I'm not taking any chances this time--I got original bank statements and had the bank sign and stamp them. But you probably don't need to.
I mentioned my original application to point out that I now have my original bank statements, but it asks for your previous reference # so even if you don't talk about it they will see.