ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on Return of Documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uk_mkh

Question on Return of Documents

Post by uk_mkh » Wed May 15, 2013 2:25 pm

I applied for Citizenship by sending all original docs with application to UKBA on 01-May-2013

Unfortunately (for me), an urgent and unexpected work trip has come up for me in June, so I need my passport back in case it takes longer than the average processing time of 4 weeks.

Does anyone know what their current process is for returning docs?

I know I can apply via this link (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/) to ask for their return, but I want to know what their normal procedure is for applications submitted with original documents. Do they validate/make copies and then post the originals back (I included a self-address special delivery envelope with my application) while they make their judgment or is everything only returned once they have made their decision?

Thanks in advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed May 15, 2013 3:59 pm

The documents are returned after a decision has been made.

ih2013
Newly Registered

Re: Question on Return of Documents

Post by ih2013 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:16 pm

uk_mkh wrote:I applied for Citizenship by sending all original docs with application to UKBA on 01-May-2013

Unfortunately (for me), an urgent and unexpected work trip has come up for me in June, so I need my passport back in case it takes longer than the average processing time of 4 weeks.

Does anyone know what their current process is for returning docs?

I know I can apply via this link (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/) to ask for their return, but I want to know what their normal procedure is for applications submitted with original documents. Do they validate/make copies and then post the originals back (I included a self-address special delivery envelope with my application) while they make their judgment or is everything only returned once they have made their decision?

I was in a similar situation. I need to take trip. I have sent the applications end of March 13. They say to allow 20 working days for the documents to be returned. I have requested my passport and my child's on a Tuesday and it has arrived (in my self-addressed envelope) on Thursday same week. It took them 2 days. They have sent my husband's passport as well even though it hasn't been requested.

The letter sent read not to send the documents back. If they will need them they will get in touch.

A decision hasn't been reached yet. 7weeks and a half have past and it was a straightforward case.

Thanks in advance.

uk_mkh

Post by uk_mkh » Sat May 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Jambo wrote:The documents are returned after a decision has been made.
Thanks. I was about to send ask for my passport to be return but the trip had to be postponed to July ... so will just hope everything is done by the end of May.