ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslip & Bank Statement attestation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vickskul
Newly Registered

Payslip & Bank Statement attestation

Post by vickskul » Wed May 15, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi,
For those successful ILR applicants, may I ask the question as to whether the original bank statement and payslip with company logo was enough OR did it require special authentication letter from company ?

As per immigration rule, it states following but I have heard rejections for some applications...hence wanted to confirm.

Thanks!

A. Either a payslip and a personal bank or building society statement, or a payslip and a building society pass book.

(a) Payslips must be:

(i) the applicant's most recent payslip,

(ii) dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application, and

(iii) either:

(1) an original payslip,

(2) on company-headed paper, or

(3) accompanied by a letter from the applicant's Sponsor, on company headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslip is authentic.

b) Personal bank or building society statements must:

(i) be the applicant's most recent statement,

(ii) be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application,

(iii) clearly show:

(1) the applicant's name,

(2) the applicant's account number,

(3) the date of the statement,

(4) the financial institution's name,

(5) the financial institution's logo, and

(6) transactions by the Sponsor covering the period no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application, including the amount shown on the specified payslip as at 245GF-SD A.(a)

(iv) be either:

(1) printed on the bank's or building society's letterhead,

(2) electronic bank or building society statements from an online account, accompanied by a supporting letter from the bank or building society, on company headed paper, confirming the statement provided is authentic, or

(3) electronic bank or building society statements from an online account, bearing the official stamp of the bank or building society on every page

kami786110
Newly Registered

Post by kami786110 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:35 pm

as long as bank statement is original on letter head with your name and address on it should be fine, same with the payslips if they are on official letter head it should be fine however you can wait for senior comments

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Payslip & Bank Statement attestation

Post by Kevin24 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:36 pm

vickskul wrote:Hi,
For those successful ILR applicants, may I ask the question as to whether the original bank statement and payslip with company logo was enough OR did it require special authentication letter from company ?

As per immigration rule, it states following but I have heard rejections for some applications...hence wanted to confirm.

Thanks!

A. Either a payslip and a personal bank or building society statement, or a payslip and a building society pass book.

(a) Payslips must be:

(i) the applicant's most recent payslip,

(ii) dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application, and

(iii) either:

(1) an original payslip,

(2) on company-headed paper, or

(3) accompanied by a letter from the applicant's Sponsor, on company headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslip is authentic.

b) Personal bank or building society statements must:

(i) be the applicant's most recent statement,

(ii) be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application,

(iii) clearly show:

(1) the applicant's name,

(2) the applicant's account number,

(3) the date of the statement,

(4) the financial institution's name,

(5) the financial institution's logo, and

(6) transactions by the Sponsor covering the period no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application, including the amount shown on the specified payslip as at 245GF-SD A.(a)

(iv) be either:

(1) printed on the bank's or building society's letterhead,

(2) electronic bank or building society statements from an online account, accompanied by a supporting letter from the bank or building society, on company headed paper, confirming the statement provided is authentic, or

(3) electronic bank or building society statements from an online account, bearing the official stamp of the bank or building society on every page
I did take the following for MY PEO appointment.

1. Last Month's Bank Statement stamped by the Bank. Other 11 months were postal ones.
2. Only A letter from Employer that the 12 Months Payslips were authentic.Pay slips were not stamped or sighned.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm

Both must be on official letterhead otherwise stamped and signed by the authorized authority.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Thu May 16, 2013 12:07 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Both must be on official letterhead otherwise stamped and signed by the authorized authority.
Not all the Banks agree to stamp statement of accounts. HSBC and Barclays no longer stamp statement of accounts for their customers. If you receive your statement of account via on-line, all you need do is to request either on phone or through the branch those that you need because the on-line statement of account obviously will not be accepted.
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu May 16, 2013 3:57 pm

onabanjo wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:Both must be on official letterhead otherwise stamped and signed by the authorized authority.
Not all the Banks agree to stamp statement of accounts. HSBC and Barclays no longer stamp statement of accounts for their customers. If you receive your statement of account via on-line, all you need do is to request either on phone or through the branch those that you need because the on-line statement of account obviously will not be accepted.
Online bank statement is only acceptable if its each page is stamped by bank and up to 28 days transactions most of the branches can stamp or even give statement on official letterhead. And the same varies from individual branch to branch.
REGARDS

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu May 16, 2013 4:27 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
onabanjo wrote:
Online bank statement is only acceptable if its each page is stamped by bank and up to 28 days transactions most of the branches can stamp or even give statement on official letterhead. And the same varies from individual branch to branch.
I had a time in getting My last statement stamped by LLOYDS Bank. In addition to visiting two other branches went to My own branch five times. Ultimately a counter girl stamped and signed and gave me the last three month statements, a day before My PEO appointment. CW wanted the last 3 month's statements only.To thank the bank girl, for what she did for me I did give her 2 boxes of chocolates after I received My BRP card.
Please don't give up until you get your bank statements stamped by the bank. If it is 3 statements they might do it straight away in your branch.
KEVIN

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu May 16, 2013 5:49 pm

Kevin24 many thanks for sharing your interesting experience and hospitability..
REGARDS

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:20 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Kevin24 many thanks for sharing your interesting experience and hospitability..
Thank you for your kind words Mate!. I went up to the Manger of My branch,no luck. So I used My praises , on the Counter Girl worked. She was so thrilled when she got the Chocolates on Saturday. No harm if your Charm worked out. CW did not ask any questions on My Last Month's Bank Statement,which she asked me first.
KEVIN