ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU citizen and NCS observations.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

petkanov

EU citizen and NCS observations.

Post by petkanov » Thu May 16, 2013 5:42 pm

Today I applied through NCS. They didnot take the original
Life in the UK certificate, they made a copy and gave the original
back to me! Is this ok?

They also called a home office case worker to ask if i had to fill
the section on treaty rights since i had EEA 3 for more than a year. They said that regardless of if I had it for over a year, still need to fill that section. Very strange!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: EU citizen and NCS observations.

Post by Amber » Thu May 16, 2013 5:56 pm

petkanov wrote:Today I applied through NCS. They didnot take the original
Life in the UK certificate, they made a copy and gave the original
back to me! Is this ok?

Yes

They also called a home office case worker to ask if i had to fill
the section on treaty rights since i had EEA 3 for more than a year. They said that regardless of if I had it for over a year, still need to fill that section. Very strange!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

boloney

Re: EU citizen and NCS observations.

Post by boloney » Thu May 16, 2013 6:23 pm

petkanov wrote: They also called a home office case worker to ask if i had to fill
thats crazy, I applied by post and left it blank, it was`t relevant in my case as I had PR confirmation to prove I was free from immigration control.
looks like NCS is doing so only as a back-up.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 16, 2013 9:25 pm

Did they ask for supporting documents also or was it just the form that they asked to fill in?

As said, this is not required in your case (but then you can argue that the whole form in not mandatory).

petkanov

Post by petkanov » Thu May 16, 2013 10:01 pm

they asked to do both, but I suspect that the person the council talked on the phone didn't know, or didn't really understand that what we have. Anyway, I wished I just posted my documents without the NCS, it was more hassle than worth it.