ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification about maintenance funds and funds for business

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ersourabhbhola

Clarification about maintenance funds and funds for business

Post by ersourabhbhola » Fri May 17, 2013 9:50 am

Hi all,
Three areas of scoring points for any visa are
1. Attributes 2.English requirements 3.Financial stability(funds maintenance)
Now in case of tier-1(entrepreneur, outside UK), Attributes are showing £200,000.

I am applying with a team member who is maintaining £100,000 in one account and £3100 in other account.
Whereas in my case in am maintaining both in same account, out of which more than £3100 are there for more than 90 days......

I confirmed with few solicitors, they are saying i should maintain £103,100, either in one account or more than one account out of which £3100 should be there for consecutive 90 days, which can be exhibited by statement/statements, so according to them both of us are fine as long as balance is £103,100(one account or more than one account).

But just wanted opinion of experts in this form, I will be thankful to any valuable views on the same
Sourabh Bhola

entrepreneur123

Re: Clarification about maintenance funds and funds for busi

Post by entrepreneur123 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:51 am

its fine
ersourabhbhola wrote:Hi all,
Now in case of tier-1(entrepreneur, outside UK), Attributes are showing £200,000.

I am applying with a team member who is maintaining £100,000 in one account and £3100 in other account.
Whereas in my case in am maintaining both in same account, out of which more than £3100 are there for more than 90 days......

I confirmed with few solicitors, they are saying i should maintain £103,100, either in one account or more than one account out of which £3100 should be there for consecutive 90 days, which can be exhibited by statement/statements, so according to them both of us are fine as long as balance is £103,100(one account or more than one account).

But just wanted opinion of experts in this form, I will be thankful to any valuable views on the same

dpr1979

Post by dpr1979 » Fri May 17, 2013 8:39 pm

I would have agreed until i came across point 174 of our policy guidance. It made me think otherwise

174. Where you are providing evidence of maintenance from a single account, we will always assess the funds available to you from the closing balance given on the document provided.

Which would not be a problem if the closing balance as of today was the same as closing balance 90 days before.

But if in between these 90 days you have deposited money in account then it should be a problem i think.

Just my opinion, lets see if any experts can share some light on it

Mr Legal

Re: Clarification about maintenance funds and funds for busi

Post by Mr Legal » Sat May 18, 2013 4:14 pm

ersourabhbhola wrote:Hi all,

As long as your £3100 is available in your account for 90 consecutive days back from the date of your application in the account in which you hold the investment amount,you should be fine.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.