ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Parents to come to UK permanently from Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

apocolypto

Applying for Parents to come to UK permanently from Pakistan

Post by apocolypto » Sat May 18, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi All,

I am getting my ILR in the next few months IA and would like to apply for elderly parents to join me in UK. My father is 65 years old. I have been reading up on UKBA website and I believe its VAF4A1 application I am supposed to be using. Does any one know what documentation I need to send them? Please let me know the details if possible. I want to prepare for this from now on.

I would really appreciate if you let me know the set of documents and the details of the application process.

Many Thanks,

T

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sat May 18, 2013 5:22 pm

Good to know you've been doing your research - before we get on to documentation - can you let us know how you intend them to qualify through these criteria:
You need long-term personal care to perform every day tasks, such as washing and cooking.

The care you need is not available in the country where you are living, either because it is not available and there is no person in the country where you are living who can reasonably provide it or it is not affordable.

M.

apocolypto

Post by apocolypto » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Thanks Guru ... Its because they are all alone over there .. They have been putting up alot of trouble up and until now and finding it increasingly difficult to do all of their households etc ... My sisters are all married and they are on their own ... Can you please let me know if its possible and/or what documentation I can provide?

Thanks,
MPH80 wrote:Good to know you've been doing your research - before we get on to documentation - can you let us know how you intend them to qualify through these criteria:
You need long-term personal care to perform every day tasks, such as washing and cooking.

The care you need is not available in the country where you are living, either because it is not available and there is no person in the country where you are living who can reasonably provide it or it is not affordable.

M.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:59 pm

OK - before I can answer how possible it is - you need to tell me why the help they need isn't available and/or affordable to you ... BUT also that you could afford to sign an agreement for no need for public funds covering five years.

You are expected to pay people to provide the help if you can afford it.

apocolypto

Post by apocolypto » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:00 pm

MPH80 wrote:OK - before I can answer how possible it is - you need to tell me why the help they need isn't available and/or affordable to you ... BUT also that you could afford to sign an agreement for no need for public funds covering five years.

You are expected to pay people to provide the help if you can afford it.
Hi Guru,

I have been sending them nearly £500 each month for their expenses plus medical bills. They live all alone as my sisters live in far away cities. My father is over 65 and too old for his own good. Both are not in the best of their healths and need continuous and quick help, which is not available to them right now. I can prove the money I have been sending by providing bank statements and the money transfer receipts. I can prove they are all alone. I can prove they are not physically fit either.
As far as agreeing not to take any public support then I am very happy to do that. I have very good steady income and am residing in 2 bedroom flat. I have never personally taken any public support in my entire life.

Is that good enough?

Thanks,

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:14 pm

apocolypto, so far only one person has applied and successfully got the adult dependent visa after 9th July. If you succeed you will be second. If you fail your parents not be able to visit you at all, not even on visitor visa.

The rules are convoluted and there is a catch 22.

If you are sending your parents money, they are then using it to support themselves, or hiring someone to help them? How are they living alone now?

Can you hire someone (non-family) to help them?

Can you place them in a old-home?

Is their health is intermittently bad, but otherwise fine?

You must prove the criteria at the time of application and not in anticipation that their health will deteriorate in the future.

Since they are living alone without your physical help now, why can who ever is caring for them not continue to do so. Who is bathing them and cooking for them now?

Adult dependent visa is the biggest joke HO has played on immigrants.

See also this post

apocolypto

Post by apocolypto » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:57 pm

dimension7 wrote:apocolypto, so far only one person has applied and successfully got the adult dependent visa after 9th July. If you succeed you will be second. If you fail your parents not be able to visit you at all, not even on visitor visa.

The rules are convoluted and there is a catch 22.

If you are sending your parents money, they are then using it to support themselves, or hiring someone to help them? How are they living alone now?

Can you hire someone (non-family) to help them?

Can you place them in a old-home?

Is their health is intermittently bad, but otherwise fine?

You must prove the criteria at the time of application and not in anticipation that their health will deteriorate in the future.

Since they are living alone without your physical help now, why can who ever is caring for them not continue to do so. Who is bathing them and cooking for them now?

Adult dependent visa is the biggest joke HO has played on immigrants.

See also this post
Very ambiguous and complex indeed. I can prove all of this but there will be alot of paper work. I will also be risking my parents ability to visit me in UK if anything goes wrong which the numbers suggest highly likely.

Is there any other way to bring them in to UK with me? whats the easiest way? If yes then can you please share the details?

Thank you so much.

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:56 am

Is there any other way to bring them in to UK with me? What is the easiest way? If yes then can you please share the details?
Visitor visa is the one way, Surinder singh another (if you are a British citizen).

Whatever you choose, I want to wish you good luck in your application. Godspeed. Please do let us know how it goes.

apocolypto

Post by apocolypto » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:09 pm

dimension7 wrote:
Is there any other way to bring them in to UK with me? What is the easiest way? If yes then can you please share the details?
Visitor visa is the one way, Surinder singh another (if you are a British citizen).

Whatever you choose, I want to wish you good luck in your application. Godspeed. Please do let us know how it goes.
Thanks .. how do I go about their visitors visa application? I am on ilr now .. obviously I will be sponsoring their visit financially etc as my parents are old and retired.

Can you please let me know the documentation I will need?

Thanks

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:04 pm

apocolypto wrote: how do I go about their visitors visa application? I am on ilr now .. obviously I will be sponsoring their visit financially etc as my parents are old and retired.

Visitor visa is not permanent residence. Its 6 months only in any 12 month period. No access to NHS or public funds.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /visiting/

Note:
The rules for family visitors will change on 25th June 2013. There will be no special Family Visitor category. Family visitors will be treated as General Visitors after 25th June.

It is better to apply before 25th June 2013 as you will have right of appeal if the visa is refused.

apocolypto

Post by apocolypto » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:08 am

dimension7 wrote:
apocolypto wrote: how do I go about their visitors visa application? I am on ilr now .. obviously I will be sponsoring their visit financially etc as my parents are old and retired.

Visitor visa is not permanent residence. Its 6 months only in any 12 month period. No access to NHS or public funds.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /visiting/

Note:
The rules for family visitors will change on 25th June 2013. There will be no special Family Visitor category. Family visitors will be treated as General Visitors after 25th June.

It is better to apply before 25th June 2013 as you will have right of appeal if the visa is refused.
OK Thanks - what documents do I need to provide?

Thanks,

desertman

Post by desertman » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:06 pm

hi apocolypto, what is the current situation now? are you applying for visit visa for your parents or settlement.

I am in the same situation, I am on ILR and want to apply for settlement of my parents, they usually come for 6 months on visit visa and are going back but I want them to come here permanently, we are 3 brothers and all 3 r here in UK, on one there in Pakistan to support.

My father is 67 years of age and mother is of 59, is there is any chance of success in settlement visa?

thanks

apocolypto

Post by apocolypto » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:12 pm

desertman wrote:hi apocolypto, what is the current situation now? are you applying for visit visa for your parents or settlement.

I am in the same situation, I am on ILR and want to apply for settlement of my parents, they usually come for 6 months on visit visa and are going back but I want them to come here permanently, we are 3 brothers and all 3 r here in UK, on one there in Pakistan to support.

My father is 67 years of age and mother is of 59, is there is any chance of success in settlement visa?

thanks

Hi Desertman,

I am really sorry I dont know myself what is that I need to do .. I am getting really discouraging responses from the people I have met / talked to about it. Apparantly this Family settlement / elderly dependant route is very very very tough route. You would have to provide a lot of documentation and proofs. You don't get a right of appeal either. I dont know myself what is that I can do.

Would you please let me know what process / documentation you provided to bring your parents here on visit visa? did you / your brothers sponsor their visit? Can you please let me know what did you do? as I might do that for now.

Thanks,

coolrock

Post by coolrock » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Hello,

I am in a similar situation, except that I hold a british passport.

My parents live in India and they are in their late 60's, none back home to take care of them.

I understand that it is very difficult to get them settled in the UK, so I am planning to bring them here via visitor visa.

They have already visited us back in 2011, but that was for 6 months.

The visitor visa application form states we can apply for 2\5\10 years .
So I am planning to apply for 10 year visa.

* What are the chances of getting this?
* I believe we need to submit the same docs as I did for applying 6 months visa right?

I do understand that they can just stay a max of 6 months in the UK (in one stretch) via this route, but at the moment I have no choice unless someone suggests me a better way to bring them here.

Thanks,

apocolypto

Post by apocolypto » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:01 pm

coolrock wrote:Hello,

I am in a similar situation, except that I hold a british passport.

My parents live in India and they are in their late 60's, none back home to take care of them.

I understand that it is very difficult to get them settled in the UK, so I am planning to bring them here via visitor visa.

They have already visited us back in 2011, but that was for 6 months.

The visitor visa application form states we can apply for 2\5\10 years .
So I am planning to apply for 10 year visa.

* What are the chances of getting this?
* I believe we need to submit the same docs as I did for applying 6 months visa right?

I do understand that they can just stay a max of 6 months in the UK (in one stretch) via this route, but at the moment I have no choice unless someone suggests me a better way to bring them here.

Thanks,
Hi Cool Rock,

Can you please let me know what documentation did you provide back in 2011 to bring your parents over here on Visitor Visa? I will get my ILR in beginning of 2014 and I would like to bring my parents here one way or the other. I am really desparate. Thanks,

coolrock

Post by coolrock » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:41 am

These are the documents we submitted for family visitor application

From you:

Sponsor letter
Passport and visa photocopy
Recent 6 months bank statement
Proof of accomodation - Tenancy agreement and utility bills
Recent Payslips and reference letter from employer

Applicant:

- Passport
- 2 Colour Passport Photo.
- Recent Bank statement (or) documents to show they have enough funds in their country
- Some document to show the relationship with the you eg., birth certificate or marriage certificate (if applying for family visitor visa).

Its better to show as many documents as you can to prove that your parents will go back before their visa expires

Good luck